List of telecommunications encryption terms
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of telecommunications encryption terms. This list is derived in part from the Glossary of Telecommunication Terms published as Federal Standard 1037C.
- A5/1 – a stream cipher used to provide over-the-air communication privacy in the GSM cellular telephone standard.
- Bulk encryption
- Cellular Message Encryption Algorithm – a block cipher which was used for securing mobile phones in the United States.
- Cipher system
- Cipher text
- Ciphony 
- Codress message
- COMSEC equipment
- Cryptographic key
- CRYPTO (International Cryptology Conference)
- Crypto phone
- Data Encryption Standard (DES) 
- DECT Standard Cipher
- Encoding law
- End-to-end encryption
- IMSI-catcher – an eavesdropping device used for interception of cellular phones and usually is undetectable for users of mobile phones.
- Key distribution center (KDC)
- Key management
- Key stream
- Link encryption
- Multiplex link encryption
- Net control station (NCS)
- Null cipher
- One-time pad
- Over the Air Rekeying (OTAR)
- Protected distribution system (PDS)
- Protection interval (PI)
- Pseudorandom number generator
- Public-key cryptography
- RED/BLACK concept
- RED signal
- Remote rekeying
- Security management
- Spoofing 
- STU-III – a family of secure telephones introduced in 1987 by the National Security Agency for use by the United States government, its contractors, and its allies.
- Synchronous crypto-operation
- Transmission security key (TSK)
- Trunk encryption device (TED)
- Type 1 encryption
- Type 2 encryption
- Type 3 encryption
- Type 4 encryption
- Unique key
- VoIP VPN – combines voice over IP and virtual private network technologies to offer a method for delivering secure voice.
- ZRTP – a cryptographic key-agreement protocol used in Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone telephony.
- Owens, F. J. (1993). Signal Processing of Speech. Houndmills: MacMillan Press. ISBN 0-333-51922-1.
- Coppersmith, Don. (1994). The data encryption standard (DES) and its strength against attacks. IBM Journal of Research and Development, 38(3), 243–250.
- Schneier, Bruce (3 March 2006). "Caller ID Spoofing". schneier.com. Retrieved 16 January 2011.
- Zimmermann, Phil (2010-06-17). "Internet-Draft. ZRTP: Media Path Key Agreement for Unicast Secure RTP". Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- Rutenbeck, Jeff (2006). Tech terms: what every telecommunications and digital media person should know. Elsevier, Inc. ISBN 0-240-80757-X
- Kissel, Richard (editor). (February, 2011). Glossary of Key Information Security Terms (NIST IR 7298 Revision 1). National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- "Federal Standard 1037C." – Telecommunications: Glossary of Telecommunication Terms
- Embedding Security into Handsets Would Boost Data Usage - Report (2005) from Cellular-news.com
- Wireless, Telecom and Computer Glossary from Cellular Network Perspectives