List of organizations banned by the Government of India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of terrorist organisations in India)
The Minister of Home Affairs of India can issue orders to ban an organization in the country.
Current list of organizations designated terrorist
- Akhil Bharat Nepali Ekta Samaj (ABNES)
- Al Badr
- All Tripura Tiger Force
- Babbar Khalsa International
- Communist Party of India (Maoist), all its formations and front organizations.
- Communist Party of India (Marxist–Leninist) / People's War, all its formations and front organizations
- Deendar Anjuman
- Dukhtaran-e-Millat (DEM)
- Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA), all its formations and front organizations.
- Harkat-ul-Mujahideen / Harkat-Ul-Ansar / Harkat-Ul-Jehad-E-Islami
- Hizb-ul-Mujahideen / Hizb-Ul-Mujahideen Pir Panjal Regiment
- Indian Mujahideen, all its formations and front organizations.
- International Sikh Youth Federation (ISYF)
- Jaish-e-Mohammed / Tahrik-E-Furqan
- Jammu and Kashmir Islamic Front
- Kanglei Yaol Kanba Lup (KYKL)
- Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP)
- Khalistan Commando Force
- Khalistan Zindabad Force
- Lashkar-e-Taiba / Pasban-E-Ahle Hadis (LeT)
- Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)
- Manipur People's Liberation Front (MPLF)
- Maoist Communist Centre (MCC), all its formations and Front Organisations
- National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB), in Assam
- National Liberation Front of Tripura
- People's Liberation Army (PLA)
- People's Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK)
- Students Islamic Movement of India
- Tamil Nadu Liberation Army (TNLA)
- Tamil National Retrieval Troops (TNRT)
- United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA)
- United National Liberation Front (UNLF)
- Organisations listed in the Schedule to the United Nationals Prevention and Suppression of Terrorism (Implementation of Security Council Resolutions) Order, 2007 made under section 2 of the United Nations (Security Council) Act, 1947 (43 of 1947)
Other banned organizations
The following organizations have been banned under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act at some point:
- Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council: Proscribed on 16 November 2000, but the ban was lifted later.
- "Banned Organisations". Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. Retrieved 2014-05-03.
- The List established and maintained by the 1267 Committee with respect to individuals, groups, undertakings and other entities associated with Al-Qaida
- Nishit Dholabhai (2011-09-01). "Meghalaya rebel killed in Bangla brawl". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2012-10-17.
- "May Day wishes from Maoist Communist Party, Manipur". Imphal Times (Imphal). 30 April 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2014.