List of Test cricket umpires
This is a list of cricket umpires who have officiated at least one Test match. The number of Tests that each has officiated is complete to May 2014. Current members of the current Elite Panel of ICC Umpires, appointed by the International Cricket Council to officiate in Test matches and One Day Internationals, are shown in bold. Current members of the International Panel of Umpires and Referees, who may also be called upon to officiate in Test matches in busy cricketing years, are marked with a dagger (†).
- The umpires for the 1st Test, South Africa v England, 1895-96 are unknown.
- The figures above do not include the occasions when an on-field umpire was replaced during a Test:
- Three umpires were used for the 2nd Test between South Africa and India at Durban in 2006-07. Mark Benson fell ill and was replaced on field by Ian Howell during the third day.
- Three umpires were used for the 2nd Test between India and Pakistan at Kolkata in 2007. Billy Doctrove fell ill and was replaced on field by Amiesh Saheba during the fourth day.
- Three umpires were used for the 2nd Test between New Zealand and India at Napier in 2008/9. Billy Doctrove fell ill and was replaced on field by Evan Watkin on the third day.
- Cricinfo - Test matches - Most matches as an umpire
- Cricinfo - Emirates Elite Panel Umpires and Referees
- ICC Match Officials