List of longest arch bridge spans
This list of the largest arch bridges ranks the world's arch bridges by the length of their main span. The length of the main span is the most common way to rank arch bridges. If one bridge has a longer span than another it does not necessarily mean that the bridge is longer from shore to shore or from anchorage to anchorage. The size of the main span may not always correlate with the engineering complexity involved in designing and constructing the bridge. However, the total length of bridges cannot be compared as there is no standard way to measure the total length of a bridge.
History of largest spans
- Chaotianmen Bridge 552 m - 2009. Current longest span.
- Lupu Bridge 550 m - 2003. The longest span from 2003 to 2009.
- New River Gorge Bridge 518 m - 1977. The longest span from 1977 to 2003.
- Bayonne Bridge 504 m - 1931. The longest span from 1931 to 1977.
- Hell Gate Bridge 298 m - 1916. The longest span from 1916 to 1931.
- Upper Steel Arch Bridge 256 m - 1898. The longest span from 1898 to 1916.
- D. Luís Bridge 172 m - 1886. The longest span from 1886 to 1898. Still the longest iron span.
- Maria Pia Bridge 160 m - 1877. The longest span from 1877 to 1886. No longer in use.
- Eads Bridge 158 m - 1874. The longest span from 1874 to 1877.
- Pont de Vieille-Brioude 54 m - 1479. The longest existing span from 1479 to ?
- Trezzo Bridge 72 m - 1377. The longest span from 1377 to 1416 (when collapsed)
- Castelvecchio Bridge 49 m - 1356. The longest span from 1356 to 1377.
- Pont du Diable (Céret) 45 m - 1341. The longest span from 1341 to 1356.
- Ponte della Maddalena 38 m - 1300. The longest span from ca. 1300 to 1341
- Anji Bridge 37 m - 605. The longest span from 605 to ca. 1300.
- Trajan's Bridge 51 m - 105. The longest span from 105 to 270 (when destroyed)
Figures from ranked table are referenced through rank column links.
- brueckenweb: Bosideng Bridge
- Wushan Bridge at Structurae
- Xinguang Bridge at Structurae
- Wanxian Bridge at Structurae
- Caiyuanba Bridge at Structurae
- "Caiyuanba Bridge in Chongqing open to traffic-华龙网-英语频道".
- Lianxiang Bridge at Structurae
- "edward.zhou的个人空间_首页_中国英语博客基地(English Blogs-英语麦当劳博客空间) - powered by X-Space".
- Daninghe Bridge at Structurae
- Arch Bridges: Hunan Yingyang Maochaojie Bridge
- HighestBridges.com: Zhaohua Jialing River Bridge
- "Arbeitsblatt 3". Karl-gotsch.de. Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- Yanjisha Bridge at Structurae
- Xiaohe River Bridge at Structurae
- Arch Bridges: Anhui Taipinghu Bridge
- Dashengguan Bridge at Structurae
- Arch Bridges: Nanning Yonghe Bridge
- Jiangjiehe Bridge at Structurae
- Roosevelt Lake Bridge at Structurae
- Yongjiang Bridge at Structurae
- Pentele Bridge at Structurae
- Shin Kizugawa Bridge at Structurae
- Ohmishima Bridge at Structurae
- Yumemai Bridge at Structurae
- Infante D. Henrique Bridge at Structurae
- "141". Arch-Bridges.
- Frank Sellke. "fĂźr den BrĂźckenfan". www.brueckenweb.de. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- Eau Rouge Viaduct at Structurae
- Sananyongjiangdaqiao Bridge at Structurae
- "187". Arch-Bridges.
- NEW DEVELOPMENT OF LONG SPAN CFST ARCH BRIDGES IN CHINA
- Fujikawa Bridge at Structurae
- Saigo Bridge at Structurae
- Takamatu Bridge at Structurae
- "188". Arch-Bridges.
- Henry Hudson Bridge at Structurae
- Zigui Bridge at Structurae
- Kishiwada Bridge at Structurae
- Los Tilos Arch at Structurae
- [dead link]
- Nishinomiyako Bridge at Structurae
- "180". Arch-Bridges.
- Chateaubriand Bridge at Structurae
- Zhaoqing's Xijiang Bridge main arches
- The History of the Romanian Danube Bridges