List of the largest information technology companies
This is a list of the world's largest technology companies by revenue. The list includes companies whose primary business activities are associated with technology industry which includes computer hardware, software, electronics, semiconductor, internet, telecom equipment, e-commerce and computer services. Note: The list is limited to companies with annual revenues exceeding 50 billion USD.
|Rank||Rank of company by revenue|
|Company||Name of the company|
|Industry||The primary industry of company|
|Revenue||Amount of revenue of company in USD billions in last fiscal year|
|FY||Company's fiscal year|
|Employees||Number of employees of company|
|Market cap||Market capitalization on March 30, 2014 in USD billion.|
|Headquarters||Location of company's headquarters|
(All monetary values are in billions of dollars)
|1||Samsung Electronics||Mobile Devices, Semiconductor, Personal Computing||$189.5||2014||326,000||$177.51||Seoul, South Korea|||
|2||Apple Inc.||Mobile Devices, Personal Computing, Consumer software||$182.79||2014||98,000||$740.53||Cupertino, CA, USA (Silicon Valley)|||
|3||Foxconn||OEM Component Manufacturing||$132.07||2013||1,290,000||$32.15||New Taipei, Taiwan|||
|4||HP||Personal Computing and Servers, Consulting||$111.45||2014||317,500||$65.30||Palo Alto, CA, USA (Silicon Valley)|||
|5||IBM||Computing services, Mainframes||$92.79||2014||379,592||$158.85||Armonk, NY, USA|||
|6||Amazon.com||Internet Retailer, App Hosting||$88.99||2014||154,100||$175.22||Seattle, WA, USA|||
|7||Microsoft||Business computing||$86.83||2014||128,076||$370.31||Redmond, WA, USA|||
|8||Sony||Electronic Devices, Personal Computing||$72.34||2014||140,900||$31.7||Tokyo, Japan|||
|9||Internet Advertising, Search Engine, Miscellaneous||$66.00||2014||53,546||$373.34||Mountain View, CA, USA (Silicon Valley)|||
|10||Panasonic||Electronics Devices & Components||$64||2014||271,789||$32.5||Osaka, Japan|||
|11||Dell||Personal Computers and Servers||$56.94||2013||108,800||$22.97||Austin, TX, USA|||
|12||Intel||Semiconductor||$55.87||2014||106,700||$151.22||Santa Clara, CA, USA (Silicon Valley)|||
|13||Toshiba||Semiconductor, Consumer devices||$54.47||2014||201,087||$17.67||Tokyo, Japan|||
|14||LG Electronics||Personal Computer, Electronics||$54.75||2014||38,718||$17.67||Seoul, South Korea|||
- List of largest employers
- List of the largest software companies
- List of largest Internet companies
- Semiconductor sales leaders by year
- List of largest companies by revenue
- "Top 50 Global Technology Companies". Datamonitor.
- "FT Global 500 2012" (PDF). Financial Times. Retrieved November 18, 2012.
- Samsung Electronics Announces Fourth Quarter & FY 2013 Results
- "2013 Apple Form 10-K (page 25)". Apple. October 28, 2013. Retrieved February 4, 2014.
- "Foxconn Annual Review 2012". Fortune.
- "Hewlett-Packard Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2013 Results". HP. Retrieved February 4, 2014.
- "Financial Statements for International Business Machines Corp.". Google.
- "AMAZON.COM ANNOUNCES FOURTH QUARTER SALES UP 15% TO $29.33 BILLION".
- "Financial Statements for Microsoft.". Google.
- "Sony Financial Statements" (PDF). Sony.
- "2013 Quarterly Earnings". Google. Retrieved February 4, 2014.
- "Financial Statements For Panasonic Corp". BusinessWeek.
- "Dell Financial Statements". Dell.
- "Intel Financial Statements". Intel.
- "Toshiba Financial Statements". Fujitsu.
- "LG Electronics Financial Statements". LG Electronics.