List of things named after Barack Obama
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of things named after Barack Obama, the 44th and current President of the United States. This list includes proposed name changes.
- 1 Biota
- 2 Schools
- 3 Streets
- 4 Topographical features
- 5 Proposed namings
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
- Aptostichus barackobamai, a species of wafer trapdoor spiders
- Etheostoma obama, a darter species
- Obamadon, an extinct lizard
- Paragordius obamai, a parasitic worm from phylum Nematomorpha
- Nystalus obamai (Western Striolated-Puffbird), a puffbird from the Amazon
- Barack Obama Charter School – Compton, California – Qued Charter Elementary School renamed after Barack Obama in January 2009
- Barack Obama Global Preparation Academy – Los Angeles – Built in mid 2010
- Barack Obama Academy – Oakland, California – Alternative Learning Community renamed after Barack Obama in March 2009
- Barack Obama Elementary School – Upper Marlboro, Maryland – named after Barack Obama in June 2009 while under construction.
- Barack Obama Elementary School – Pine Lawn, Missouri – dedicated as Barack Obama Elementary School in August 2011.
- Barack Obama Academy – Plainfield, New Jersey – Plainfield Academy for Academic & Civic Development renamed to Barack Obama Academy.
- Barack Obama Green Charter High School – Plainfield, New Jersey – Charter high school scheduled to open in September 2010.[dated info]
- Barack Obama Elementary School – Hempstead, New York – Ludlum Elementary School renamed to Barack Obama Elementary School.
- Obama High School – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – Pittsburgh IB World 6–12 renamed to Pittsburgh Obama High School.
Barack Obama Avenue in Chicago at 127th Street
- Barack Obama Drive – A road in the Tanzanian city Dar es Salaam was renamed in honor of Obama's visit to the country in July 2013. The road, located by the Indian Ocean, leads to the Tanzanian State House. It was previously known as Ocean Road.
- Barack Obama Avenue – Opa-locka, Florida – City commission approved the renaming of Perviz Avenue effective Presidents' Day, February 2009.
- Barack Obama Boulevard – West Park, Florida – City commission approved the renaming of SW 40th Ave, Effective July 2009.[dead link]
- President Barack Obama Parkway – Orlando, Florida – approx. 1½ miles in length; includes sidewalks and bike lanes.
- Obama Way – Seaside, California – Seaside City Council approved the commemorative designation of Broadway Avenue as Obama Way effective 15 September 2010.
Antigua and Barbuda
- Mount Obama in Antigua and Barbuda – renamed from Boggy Peak on Obama's birthday, 4 August 2009.
- Pembroke Park Road – Hollywood, Florida – portion of (or all of) road proposed to be renamed Barack Obama Boulevard
- Delmar Boulevard – St. Louis, Missouri – proposed to be renamed Barack Obama Boulevard
- Street currently named after José Antonio Primo de Rivera proposed to be renamed Calle Barack Obama, in Náquera, in the Spanish province of Valencia.
- Chicago Midway Airport proposed to be renamed "President Barack Obama Airport".
- List of topics related to Barack Obama
- List of places named for George Washington
- List of places named for Thomas Jefferson
- List of places named for James Monroe
- List of places named for Andrew Jackson
- List of places named for James K. Polk
- List of things named after Ronald Reagan
- Carr, Steve (18 April 2012). "UNM Researchers Find When Mates Are Hard to Find, Males Are First to Go". University of New Mexico. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- Song, Jason (16 January 2009). "Compton school is named for Barack Obama, a first in California". Los Angeles Times' "L.A. Now" local news blog. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- "Barack Obama Global Preparation Academy". Bogpa-lausd-ca.schoolloop.com. 2011-05-07. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- "Oakland School Renamed Barack Obama Academy". KTVU. 26 March 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-26.
- "School board approves Barack Obama Elementary name". The Gazette. 2009-06-26.
- "Welcome to the Normandy School District Website. ::". Normandy.k12.mo.us. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- Epa/Matthew Cavanaugh. "Plainfield high school named after President Obama | New Jersey Real-Time News". NJ.com. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- Walsh, Jeremy (11 April 2020). "New Barack Obama Green Charter High School is coming to Plainfield | Star-Ledger". NJ.com. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "New York Elementary School Renamed After Barack Obama – Local News | News Articles | National News | US News". Fox News. 2008-11-21. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- "South Florida Street Expected To Be Renamed For Obama – Miami News Story – WPLG Miami". Local10.com. 2008-11-22. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- Williams, Shawn P. (24 August 2011). "Barack Obama Male Leadership Academy: DISD All-Male School Opens With High Expectations". Dallas South News. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- http://www.jsonline.com/newswatch/119296449.html. Missing or empty
- Talev, Margaret; Goldman, Julianna (1 July 2013). "Obama to Join With Political Foe Bush as Africa Trip Winds Down". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "Obama courts African businesses, is greeted by massive crowds in Tanzania on final leg of trip". The Washington Post. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 2 July 2013.[dead link]
- "South Florida Street Expected To Be Renamed For Obama – Miami News Story – WPLG Miami". Local10.com. 2008-11-22. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- Carey, Clay (4 January 2009). "Obama to join literary characters in Florida". USA Today. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- "Topic Galleries – South Florida". Sun-sentinel.com. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- Tiffany Gabbay (October 11, 2011). "Orlando Unveils ‘President Barack Obama Parkway’". The Blaze. Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- "Seaside to Unveil "Obama Way"".
- Kentish, Anika (2009-08-15). "Antigua's highest peak renamed 'Mount Obama'". Retrieved 2009-08-05.[dead link]
- Rodriguez, Ihosvani (29 December 2009). "Down the road: Obama Boulevard in Florida?". Sun Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, Florida). Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- "St. Louis is step closer to 'Barack Obama Boulevard'". KSDK / Belleville News-Democrat. 10 January 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-11.[dead link]
- Govan, Fiona (28 November 2008). "Spanish street to be named after *Barack Obama". The Daily Telegraph (UK). Retrieved 2009-01-19.