List of cities and towns in Brunei
Officially, there are no locations within Brunei that have "city" status. The suburban areas in Brunei Darussalam are divided into kampongs, or villages. These may be administered by either a village council presided by a village head (Ketua Kampong), or by a municipal council (Lembaga Bandaran). Those governed by a municipal council are termed towns.
There are three municipal councils in Brunei, and these administer four towns.
- Bandar Seri Begawan (Pop. ~181,500, Bandar Seri Begawan Municipal Council)
- Kuala Belait (Pop. ~33,067, Kuala Belait/Seria Municipal Council)
- Seria (Pop. ~13,093, Kuala Belait/Seria Municipal Council)
- Tutong (Pop. ~27,500, Tutong Municipal Council)
Other locations within Brunei
- Bangar - administrative centre of the Temburong district
- Muara Town - contains the only deep sea port of Brunei
- "Preliminary Report on Population and Housing Census 2011". Department of Economic Planning and Development, Prime Minister's Office.