List of twin towns and sister cities in Asia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
This is a list of "twin towns" or "sister cities" in the continent of Asia - that is, pairs of towns or cities in different countries which have town twinning arrangements. Where known, the date of formation of the twinning agreement is included in parentheses.
A searchable, interactive list is maintained by Sister Cities International.
- 1 Afghanistan
- 2 Armenia
- 3 Azerbaijan
- 4 Bangladesh
- 5 Cambodia
- 6 China
- 7 East Timor
- 8 Georgia
- 9 India
- 10 Indonesia
- 11 Iran
- 12 Iraq
- 13 Israel
- 14 Japan
- 15 Jordan
- 16 Kazakhstan
- 17 Kyrgyzstan
- 18 Kuwait
- 19 Lebanon
- 20 Malaysia
- 21 Mongolia
- 22 Nepal
- 23 North Korea
- 24 Oman
- 25 Pakistan
- 26 Palestinian territories
- 27 Philippines
- 28 Russia
- 29 Saudi Arabia
- 30 Singapore
- 31 South Korea
- 32 Sri Lanka
- 33 Syria
- 34 Taiwan
- 35 Tajikistan
- 36 Thailand
- 37 Turkey
- 38 United Arab Emirates
- 39 Uzbekistan
- 40 Vietnam
- 41 References
- Bukhara, Uzbekistan
- Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
- Saint-Raphaël, France (1994)
- Glendale, California, United States
- Font-Romeu-Odeillo-Via, France
- Tolyatti, Russia (2005)
- Iğdır, Turkey (2006)
- Gabrovo, Bulgaria
- Gyöngyös, Hungary
- Monterey, California, United States (2011)
- Kristiansand, Norway
- Stockton, California, United States
- Canberra, Australia
- Philippi, West Virginia, United States (2006)
- Gyumri, Armenia
- Newport, United Kingdom (1989)
- Leuville-sur-Orge, France (2001)
- Armenia, Colombia
- Loughborough, United Kingdom
- Leicester, United Kingdom
- Columbus, Indiana, United States
- Minsk, Belarus
- Cleveland, United States
- San Francisco, United States
- Silicon Valley, United States
- New York City, United States
- Hamilton, Canada
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
- Berlin, Germany
- London, United Kingdom
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Stuttgart, Germany
- Yokohama, Japan
- Caracas, Venezuela
- San Jose, California, United States (1992)
- Bremen, Germany
- Martapura[disambiguation needed], Indonesia
- Tromsø, Norway (1966)
- Toyota, Aichi
- Vacoas-Phoenix, Mauritius
- Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Denver, Colorado, United States
- Cairo, Egypt
- Frankfurt, Germany
- San Antonio, United States
- Volgograd, Russia
- Salem, Oregon, United States
- Loures, Portugal (1998)
- Koshigaya, Japan
|Long Beach, California||United States|
- Umeå, Sweden
- Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Denver Regional Council of Governments, United States
- Songpa-gu, South Korea
- Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
- Omsk, Russia
- Omsk, Russia
- Pushkin, Russia
- Antalya, Turkey
- Fresno, California, United States
- Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina (1982)
- Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States (1994)
- Sidon (Saida)
- Ulan Ude, Russia
- Shanghai, China
- Kathmandu, Nepal
- Moscow, Russia
- Vladivostok, Russia
- Karbala, Iraq (2011)
- Bursa, Turkey
- Bà Rịa–Vũng Tàu Province, Vietnam (24 July 2011)
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (16 July 2011)
- Monterrey, Mexico
- Milan, Italy
- Florence, Italy
- Cologne, Germany
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Barcelona, Spain
- Turin, Italy
- Tromsø, Norway (2001)
- Camden, New Jersey, United States
- Tel Aviv, Israel
- Acapulco, Mexico
- Batam, Indonesia
- Johor Bahru, Malaysia
- Kuwait City, Kuwait
- Manama, Bahrain
- Amman, Jordan
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Muscat, Oman
- Reading, United Kingdom
- Guangzhou, China
- İzmir, Turkey (5 May 1993)
- Lyon, France (18 October 2000)
- Gaziantep, Turkey (13 November 2005)
- Brest, Belarus (28 January 2010)
- Chiang Mai (city)
- Kunming, Yunnan, China
- Singapore, Singapore
- Shymkent, Kazakhstan
- Reno, Nevada, United States
United Arab Emirates
- Bethlehem, Palestine 
- Madrid, Spain (2007)
- Houston, United States (2002)
- Brisbane, Australia (2009)
- Minsk, Belarus (2007) 
- Islamabad, Pakistan (July 2011)
- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Cusco, Peru
- Ulyanovsk Oblast, Russia
- Namyangju, South Korea
- Sister Cities International[dead link]
- "A Message from the Peace Commission: Information on Cambridge's Sister Cities," February 15, 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-12.
- Richard Thompson. "Looking to strengthen family ties with 'sister cities'," Boston Globe, October 12, 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-12.
- "Bakü-İstanbul-KKTC 'yerel yönetim' hattı". © Zabrat. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Sister Cities". Phnompenh.gov.kh. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- City of Loma Linda ~ Our City: Sister Cities
- "Galveston-Trivandrum sister city society". © www.gtscsociety.com. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- "Barcelona team arrives". The Hindu. 2009-01-10. Retrieved 2009-10-13. "Barcelona - Trivandrum twinning"
- "Kerala capital to get a cousin in Europe". arabnews. 2009-01-10. Retrieved 2009-07-31. "Barcelona-Thiruvananathapuram twinning"
- "Little India Montreal !". Mastindia.com. 2011-10-30. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- :Isfahan Islamic Council:
- "Leading News Resource of Pakistan". Daily Times. 2007-03-02. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- (3 October 2006). "Mashad-Kuala Lumpur Become Sister cities". Kuala Lumpur News
- "Twin cities of Riga". Riga City Council. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- "Gdańsk Official website: 'Miasta partnerskie'" (in Polish & English). © 2009 Urząd Miejski w Gdańsku. Retrieved 2009-07-11.
- "Tbilisi Municipal Portal - Sister Cities". © 2009 - Tbilisi City Hall. Retrieved 2009-06-16.
- "Existing Sister Cities". City of Manila. Retrieved 2009-09-02.
- "Sister Cities". Beijing Municipal Government. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
- "Twinning the Cities". City of Beirut. Retrieved 2008-01-13.
- "İzmir sister cities" (in Turkish).
- "Partner Cities of Lyon and Greater Lyon". © 2008 Mairie de Lyon. Retrieved 2009-07-17.
- "Gaziantep cultural committee: Gaziantep sister cities, Aleppo-Syria (in Turkish)".
- "Jamahir newspaper: 28 January 2010 (in Arabic)".
- UAEinteract.com. "Sister Cities delegates praise Dubai 'best practices' UAE - The Official Web Site - News". Uaeinteract.com. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Sister Cities". Toledo Turismo. Patronato Municipal de Turismo. Retrieved 2008-10-16.
- "Conventions of brotherhood and friendship signed between the city of Cairo and the Arab Towns". Cairo Governorate. Retrieved 2009-11-28.[dead link]
- "Athens mayor concludes four-day visit to Syria." Europe Intelligence Wire. Financial Times Ltd. 2004. AccessMyLibrary. 28 Nov. 2009 <http://www.accessmylibrary.com>.
- "Syrian Press: 9 July 2008". Syrian Arab News Agency. Retrieved 2009-11-29.
- La Cooperación Directa en el Ayuntamiento de Córdoba - Córdoba City Council Web
- "Yerevan Municipality - Sister Cities". © 2005-2009 www.yerevan.am. Retrieved 2009-06-22.
- International Relations - São Paulo City Hall - Official Sister Cities[dead link]
- "Sister Cities of Istanbul - Turkey". Sister Cities of Istanbul - Turkey. Retrieved 2009-11-24.
- "اتفاقية توءمة بين دمشق واسطنبول Twining agreement between Damascus and Istanbul". The New Alphabet/SANA. Retrieved 2009-11-29.
- "A turning positive ... President Assad: Our conversations rich narratives and aspirations ... President Nazarbayev: We look forward to the partnership on the international arena ... Signed (4) agreements for bilateral cooperation". Alwehda Publications/SANA. Retrieved 2009-11-29.
- "The Syrian-Iranian Joint Supreme Committee meetings ...". Alwehda Publications. Retrieved 2009-11-30.
- District of Columbia; Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (19 February 1962). "Resolution: Sister City Affiliation of Washington, D.C. and Bangkok, Thailand".
- District of Columbia; Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (15 July 2002). "Reaffirmation agreement between Washington, D.C. and Bangkok, Thailand".
- Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (26 May 1993). "Agreement on the Establishment of Sister City Relations between Bangkok Metropolitan Administration of the Kingdom of Thailand and the Beijing Municipality of the People's Republic of China".
- Bangkok Metropolitan Administration; Local Government of Budapest (20 February 1997). "Letter of Intent of Cooperation between Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and Local Government of Budapest".
- Bangkok Metropolitan Administration; City of Brisbane (7 May 1997). "Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Bangkok, The Kingdom of Thailand and the City of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia".
- Bangkok Metropolitan Administration; City of Moscow (19 June 1997). "Protocol of friendly ties between the cities of Bangkok and Moscow".
- "St. Petersburg in figures > International and Interregional Ties". Eng.gov.spb.ru. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- Bangkok Metropolitan Administration; City of St.Petersburg (20 June 1997). "Protocol on Cooperation between the City of Bangkok (the Kingdom of Thailand) and the City of St. Petersburg (the Russian Federation)".
- Bangkok Metropolitan Administration; City of Manila (24 June 1997). "Sister city friendship affiliation".
- Bangkok Metropolitan Administration; Jakarta Capital City Administration (21 January 2002). "Memorandum of understanding between Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, Kingdom of Thailand and the Jakarta Capital City Administration, Republic of Indonesia concerning sister city cooperation".
- Hanoi Capital City; Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (25 February 2004). "Agreement on cooperative and friendship relations between Hanoi Capital City and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration".
- City of Vientiane; Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (24 May 2004). "บันทึกว่าด้วยความร่วมมือ ระหว่างนครหลวงเวียงจันทน์และกรุงเทพมหานคร".
- Akimat of Astana City; Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (11 June 2004). "Agreement on establishment of bilateral relations between the Akimat of Astana City of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the City of Bangkok of Kingdom Thailand".
- "Agreement of Sister City Relations". Office.bangkok.go.th. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- Chaozhou City; Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (23 November 2005). "Agreement between Chaozhou City, the People's Republic of China and Bangkok, Kingdom of Thailand on the Establishment of Sister City Relations".
- International Affairs Division. "Relationship with Sister Cities: Fukuoka". International Affairs Division website. International Affairs Division, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- Seoul Metropolitan Government; Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (16 June 2006). "Sister City Agreement between the Seoul Metropolitan Government, Republic of Korea and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, the Kingdom of Thailand".
- "Sister Cities of Guangzhou". Guangzhou Foreign Affairs Office. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- Bangkok Metropolitan Administration; City of Guanzhou (13 November 2009). "Agreement on the establishment of sister city relations between Bangkok, Kingdom of Thailand and City of Guangzhou, the People's Republic of China".
- City of Lausanne; Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (29 December 2009). "Accord de fraternité entre La Ville de Lausanne Capitale du Canton de Vaud Confédération Helvétique et La Ville de Bangkok Royaume de Thaïlande".
- Busan Metropolitan City; Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (14 March 2011). "Busan Metropolitan City - Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Agreement on the Establishment of a Friendship City Relationship".
- Chonqing Municipality; Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (26 September 2011). "Agreement between Chonqing Municipality of the People's Republic of China and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration of the Kingdom of Thailand on the establishment of sister-city relationship".
- Tianjin Municipal Government; Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (27 February 2012). "Agreement between Tianjin Municipal Government of the People's Republic of China and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration of the Kingdom of Thailand on the establishment of friendship exchanges and cooperative relationship".
- Bangkok Metropolitan Administration; Greater Ankara Municipality (21 March 2012). "Friendship and cooperation agreement between Bangkok Metropolitan Administration of the Kingdom of Thailand and the Greater Ankara Municipality of the Republic of Turkey".
- Municipal Council of Penang Island; Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (5 April 2012). "Memorandum of understanding between Municipal Council of Penang Island of Malaysia and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration of the Kingdom of Thailand on the establishment of friendly cities".
- International Affairs Division. "Relationship with Sister Cities: Aichi". International Affairs Division website. International Affairs Division, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- "::Bethlehem Municipality::". www.bethlehem-city.org. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- "Madrid city council webpage". Ayuntamiento de Madrid. Retrieved 2009-07-22.
- Abu Dhabi, Houston to sign 'Sister City' pact UAE - The Official Web Site - News. Uaeinteract.com. Retrieved on 2009-07-16.
- "Twin towns of Minsk". © 2008 The department of protocol and international relations of Minsk City Executive Committee. Retrieved 2008-12-08.