List of virtual printer software
The following is a list of Wikipedia articles relating to virtual printer software:
The following are distributed under free software licences:
- Ghostscript – A command-line library for creation of PostScript and PDF files.
- RedMon – Redirects a special printer port to the standard input of another program.
- CC PDF Converter – Another ghostscript-based virtual printer, provided by CogniView, itself licensed under the Creative Commons license.
- cups-pdf – Another open source ghostscript-based virtual printer that can be shared with Windows users over the LAN. Install it on Linux by `yum install cups-pdf ttf-mscorefonts or `apt-get install cups-pdf`. CUPS
- Image Printer Pro (http://code-industry.net/print-to-jpg.php)
- PDFill Image Writer (https://www.pdfill.com/freewriter.html)
The following are proprietary software but free of charge:
- Microsoft XPS Document Writer – A virtual printer for Microsoft Windows that creates an XPS (*.xps, *.oxps) document file from the print output of an application.
Virtual PDF printers
Virtual PDF printers for Microsoft Windows:
- Bullzip PDF Printer
- CutePDF – tries to install the Ask web browser toolbar, which is well known for browser hijacking. CutePDF also becomes the default printer in Firefox despite of Windows settings.
- DoPDF – This is a simplified version of NovaPDF which is mentioned below.
- GreenCloud virtual printer – Also using eco-friendly methods to save ink and paper.
- PDFCreator – A ghostscript-based virtual printer for Microsoft Windows, with user interface for advanced options (security settings, combining multiple documents, etc.). Some current and/or historic installer versions contain third-party adware or optional advertising-based components (iClaro Search, WhiteSmoke toolbar, FrostWire, and others).
- Adobe Acrobat – Adobe System's commercial PDF authoring suite includes Adobe Distiller, a virtual printer for converting documents to PDF files. Adobe Distiller is not included with the free-to-use Adobe Reader product.
Virtual printers for Microsoft Windows:
- Microsoft Office Document Image Writer – Included in Microsoft Office Professional allowing documents to be saved in TIFF or Microsoft Document Imaging Format.
- NovaPDF – A PDF virtual printer for Windows.
- Print&Share – Creating PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, XML, TXT, EMF, BMP files. Adding watermark on output. Eco-friendly methods: capable of dynamically removing content and empty spaces. Can also email, fax, upload via FTP and more.
- TIFF Image Printer – For creating TIFF files.
- Universal Document Converter – Creating PDF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, PCX, DCX and BMP files.