List of virtual printer software
The following is a list of Wikipedia articles relating to virtual printer software:
The following are distributed under free software licences:
- Ghostscript – A command-line library for creation of PostScript and PDF files.
- RedMon – Redirects a special printer port to the standard input of another program.
- CC PDF Converter – Another ghostscript-based virtual printer, provided by CogniView, itself licensed under the Creative Commons license.
The following are proprietary software but free of charge:
- Microsoft XPS Document Writer – A virtual printer for Microsoft Windows that creates an XPS (*.xps, *.oxps) document file from the print output of an application.
Virtual PDF printers
Virtual PDF printers for Microsoft Windows:
- Bullzip PDF Printer
- CutePDF – Has a commercial version with added features. By default it tries to install the Ask malware web browser toolbar which the user can deselect; though, it appears that in recent versions, it will install even if deselected.
- DoPDF – This is a simplified version of NovaPDF which is mentioned below.
- GreenCloud virtual printer – Also using eco-friendly methods to save ink and paper.
- PDFCreator – A ghostscript-based virtual printer for Microsoft Windows, with user interface for advanced options (security settings, combining multiple documents, etc.). Some current and/or historic installer versions contain third-party adware or optional advertising-based components (iClaro Search, WhiteSmoke toolbar, FrostWire, and others).
- Adobe Acrobat – Adobe System's commercial PDF authoring suite includes Adobe Distiller, a virtual printer for converting documents to PDF files. Adobe Distiller is not included with the free-to-use Adobe Reader product.
Virtual printers for Microsoft Windows:
- Microsoft Office Document Image Writer – Included in Microsoft Office Professional allowing documents to be saved in TIFF or Microsoft Document Imaging Format.
- NovaPDF – A PDF virtual printer for Windows.
- Print&Share – Creating PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, XML, TXT, EMF, BMP files. Adding watermark on output. Eco-friendly methods: capable of dynamically removing content and empty spaces. Can also email, fax, upload via FTP and more.
- TIFF Image Printer – For creating TIFF files.
- pdfFactory and pdfFactory pro: allows merging several printouts to one PDF file, shows the preview of the printout on screen and allows removing unneeded pages before saving, discarding, or printing the manipulated printout on an other printer.
- "[Windows] 11 free PDF creators (aka PDF virtual printers or PDF writers)". dotTech. 2013-02-01. Retrieved 2014-03-20.