List of ziyarat locations
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: List of things is too long and needs reducing to manageable size.. (August 2014)|
|Sufism and Tariqa|
This is a list of Ziyarat locations around the world.
- 1 Sites by country
- 1.1 Afghanistan
- 1.2 Bangladesh
- 1.3 Egypt
- 1.4 India
- 1.5 Indonesia
- 1.6 Iran
- 1.7 Iraq
- 1.8 Israel and Palestinian Territories
- 1.9 Saudi Arabia
- 1.10 Sri Lanka
- 1.11 Syria
- 1.12 Uzbekistan
- 2 See also
- 3 Notes
- 4 Further reading
Sites by country
- Syed Muhammad Mahdi(as), Farah Mubarak
- Khwaja 'Abd Allah Ansari shrine, Gazargah
- Shrine of Hazrat Ali Karam Allah Wajho("the Blue Mosque"), Mazar-i-Sharif
- Khwaja Abu Nasr Parsa shrine, Balkh
- Baba Hatim Ziyarat, Imam Sahib, Kunduz.
- Hazrat Bandagi Maqdool syed Malik shah Hussaini Bandanawazi RH.(Shahrajpet,Alair)
- Hazrat syed Nabi shah Hussaini Bandanawazi Rh.(zindawali), Shahrajpet ,warangal Highway.
- Hazrat syed shahabuddin shanoor quadri chisti aushapur(v), ghatkesar(m), rangareddy (dist)
- HAZRAT SYED SHAH KHAK E SHAH VALI KADIRI, ANANTAPUR DIST (A.P)
- HAZRAT KHADAR VALI BABA,VIZIANAGARAM
- HAZRAT SYED SHA ISHAQ SANAULLAH QADRI,ROZA DARGAH SHAREEF KURNOOL
- Hazrat Khwaja Syed Shah Ali Abbas Hussaini, Hussaini Alam
- Hazrath Syed Shah Taher Quadri,Adoni
- Hazrath Syed Baba Sharfuddin (Qutub E Deccan), Pahadi Shareef, Hydreabad.
- Hazrath Peer Bade Baghdadi Syed Abdul Rahman Qadri Baghdadi Ar-Rifai, Roza-e-Rahmania, Dargah Khitte Saliheen, Nampally, Hyderabad.
- Hazrath Peer Manjhle Baghdadi Syed Mohammed Qadri Baghdadi Ar-Rifai, Jannatul Baqee, Madina Munnawara.
- Hazrath Peer Syed Abdul Rahim Shah Hasani ul Hussaini Qadiri Baghdadi Al-Rifai al marouf Sahib Peer Baghdadi, Hussaini Alam
- Hazrath Peer Baghdadi Syed Abdul Kareem Qadri Baghdadi Ar-Rifai, Roza-e-Rahmania, Dargah Khitte Saliheen, Nampally, Hyderabad.
- Hazrat Syed Shah Ali Pehelwan, Alampur, (Mahebub Nagar Dist.,)
- Hazrat Syed Khawaja Mahboob Allah Hussaini Quadri, , Shah Ali Banda, Hyderabad,
- Hazrat Hafiz Syed Mahmood Ali Shah, MAKKI MIYAN, Hussaini Tekri, near Bahadurpura,Hyderabad.
- Hazrat peer i mushideen moulana Mohammed abdul kareem quadri muqtadiri,idibazaar,hyderabad
- Hazrat Mohammad Abdul Qadeer Siddiqi Qadri, Bahadurpura, Hyderabad
- Hazrat Syed Meeran Hussaini Baghdadi) Langer Houz, Hyderabad,
- Hazrat Khaja Nayaab-e-Rasool and Ammajaan, Rahmatabad, Nellore
- Hazrat Syed Mohammed Yahya Pasha , Riyaz-e-Madina, Misrigunj Hyderabad
- Hazrat Syed Ameen Badasha Qhadri Chisti Naqshabandi, Auto Nagar,Guntur.
- Hazrat Syed Mustafa Sha Qadri Shaheed (Bada Gaun) Rahmatabad, Nellore.
- Hazarat Syed Galib Shaheed Aulia, Dargah center Bhavanipuram Vijayawada.
- Hazrat Syed Yousuf Sahab and Syed Shareef Sahab Nampally, Hyderabad,
- Hazrat Syed Ahmed Badepa First lancer, Hyderabad,
- Hazrat Syed Khawaja Hussain Shah Wali, Dargah,(shaikpet) Hyderabad,
- Hazrat Baba Fakhruddin, Khajaguda, Hyderabad,
- Hazrat Syed Kareemulla Shah Qadari,Kasmur, Nellore
- Hazrat Syed Abdullah Shah Naqshbandi, misrigunj, hyderabad
- Hazrat Shaik Dawood Waliullah, veenadu,sulurpet,nellore,
- Hazrat Shah Khamosh Shah sahab, NAMPALLY HYDERABAD,
- Hazrat Pir Khaja Habib Ali Shah, Katalmandi,HYDERABAD
- Hazrat Jehangeer Peer and Burhan uddin auliya, hyderabad,
- Hazrat Afzal Biyabani, warangal,
- Hazrat syed shah Noorullah Hussaini chisty Bandanawazi ,siddipet
- Hazrat Syed Shah Jalaluddin Hammad (Mashooq-e-Rabbanni Sani, Warangal)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Ali Quadri, vijayawada, nuzvid.
- Hazrat Alam shahim Hussian shaid VIAKRABAD
- Hazrat mohad shab vikarabad
- Hazrat sofi moinduddin chisti ALAMPALLY
- Hazrat Syed Sabith Ali Shah Quadri, Sabzimandi, Hyderabad
- Hazrat Syed Gouhar Ali Shah Quadri, Zaheerabad, Medak
- Hazrat Syed Abdullah Sha Hussaini Suttari Yammani Tadipatri
- Hazrat Syed Nizamuddin Ahmed Gilani Quadri Chisti Hakeem shah baba(Hakeempet, Jublihills)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Mufti Maqdoom Hussaini Quadri Chisti Nizami (Bahadurpura)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Mujeebuddin Hussaini Quadri Chisti(Bahadurpura)
- Hazrat Syed Shah AsadUllah Hussaini quadri Chisti Mujeebi Haq numa shah (Bahadurpura)
- Hazrat Syed Shaik Imam Ahmed Quadri, Kurnool
- Hazrat Maula Miskin Quadri, kurnool
- Hazrat Syed Shah Akaharsha moula Urf Akbar Sha Doula Quadri,Gopal Diddi Dargha(KurnoolAP)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Adbul Lateef Laubali Quadri Abdaal (Kurnool AP)
- HAZRAT SYED SHAH ISHAQ SANAULLAH QADRI URF MIAH SAHEB QADRI ROZA DARGHA KURNOOL
- Hazrat Syed Shah Masoom Basha Chisti,Majzoob Phola Bazaar Road (Kurnool AP)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Shaik Imam Ahmed Quadri, (Kurnool AP)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Maula Miskin Quadri, N.R Pat (kurnool AP)
- Hazrat Syed Shah yaho Basha Quadri,Phola Bazaar Road (Kurnool AP)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Kareemullah Sha Quadri, Gumbed Road (Kurnool AP)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Durwaesh Quadri, Osmania College Road (Kurnool AP)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Khudratulla Sha Quadri Urf Kangal Sha Vali Sunkesula Road Bampur(Kurnool AP)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Khalik ling Quadri Phool Bazar Chena Market (Kurnool AP)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Aminoddin Baba One Town Police Stashan (Kurnool AP)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Rahim Sha Datha RambButta Devalayam Near Choti Market Road (Kurnool AP)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Eberham Sha Dada One Town Police Stashon Road Batau (Kurnool AP)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Kangal Sha Vali One Town Police Stashaon (Kurnool AP)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Thear Gulshan G.B Masjid Near Chowk Bazar (Kurnool AP)
- Hazrat Syed Shah Hafiz Manman Peeli Masjid One Town Osmaniya Collage Road (Kurnool AP)
- Hazart Syed Shah Khader Aulia Khader Masamasjid Sunkesula Road (Kunool AP)
- Hazart Syed Shah Mohd Eshak Miya Sha Quadri roza Dhargha Netaji Talkis (Kurnool AP)
- Hazart Syed Shah Sheik Farid Shakar Ganas Shankal Bage Dhargha T.G.Venkatesh Res:N.R.Pet (Kurnool AP)
- Hazart Syed Shah Nawab Miah N.R.Pet Lakshmi School Road (Kurnool AP)
- Hazart Syed Shah Moula Mishkin N.R.Pet Raithu Bazar (Kurnool AP)
- Hazrath Syed Shah Mohiuddin Quadri Biyabani(ihataa Moula Mishkin shah N.R Peta) KURNOOL AP
- Hazart Syed Shah Hazi Mastan Baba Old Bustand Librry Road (Kurnool AP)
- Hazart Syed Shah Buhynre Saheb Dhargah Khandr Street Tungabhadra (Kurnool AP)
- Hazart Syed Shah Turab Sha Vali Bilal Masjid Opp Namasthe Function Hall King Market Road (Kurnool AP)
- Hazarat Syed Shah Abdul khader hussaini chisthy ul qadri ling band jagadguru,urf khader linga saheb kowthalam,adoni, kurnool dist (A.P)
- Hazarat Syed shah Abdul khaliq Hussani chisthy ul qadri Ling Band Jagadguru urf Khaliq linga saheb phool bazar, chinnamarket(kurnoolAP)
- Hazart Syed Shah Haji Masthan Baba Urf Sathar Haji King Market Makah Masjid (Kurnool AP)
- Hazart Syed Shah Chandan Hussain King Market Khalla Street (Kurnool AP)
- Hazart Syed Shah Noorllah Quadri Urf Noor Mati Sha Vali King Market Opp Jumm Masjid (Kurnool AP)
- Hazart Syed Shah Hazrath Syed Sha Ghan Shaheda Bandi Metha Phol Bazar Road Kurnool (AP)
- Hazart Syed Shah Hazrath Syed Sha Shek Sha Vali Phool Bazar Bandi Metha (Kurnool AP)
- Hazart Syed Shah Harzath Syed Sha Syed Sha ValiChowk Bazar Boongul Bazar (Kurnool AP)
- Hazrath Syed Shah Ahamed Badesha Quadri Shuttari Yamani, Panchayat Office beside, Banaganapalli (Kurnool Dist, AP)
- Hazrath Syed Shah Sher E Sultan Baba Pasupala Village Kurnool AP
- Shah e Alam, Ahmedabad
- Shrine of Ibrahim, Bhadreswar
- Saiyed Makhdoom Shah Sharfuddin Mashhadi, Makhdumpur (Maktampur), Bharuch (Broach), Gujarat.
- Hazrat Godar Shah Wali, Dungra Colony Road, Vapi, Gujarat.
- Hazrat Bala Shah Peer, Dungra Colony Road, Vapi, Gujarat.
- Hazrat Syed Abdur Rehamn Shah Chisti Nizami Rehmani, Ambaitha Shareef, Gujrat.
Jammu & Kashmir
- Salar AjamMir Sayyid Ali Hamadani first mosque in kashmir khanka e maulla
- Charari Sharief in Badgam district
- Hazratbal shrine in Srinagar district
- Dastgeer Sahib in Khnaiyar Srinagar District
- Naqshband Sahib in Khaniyar.
- ziyarat syed shah fareed uddin bagdadi suma kishtwari(shah sahib),Syed Shah Akhyar-Ud-Din Sahib baghdadi suma kishtwari,Syed Shah Mohammed Anwar-Ud-din Sahib bagdadi suma kishtwari in jammu province
- ziyarat syed shah asrar ud din bagdadi suma kishtwari in jammu province
- Cheraman Juma Masjid is a mosque in Methala, Kodungallur Taluk in the Indian state of Kerala. The Cheraman Masjid is said to be the very first mosque in India, built in 629 AD by Malik lbn Dinar.
- Malik Deenar (Arabic: رضي الله عنه) (also Mālik Dīnār (مالك دينار) (died 748 CE) is the first follower of the Islamic prophet, Muhammed, to come to India in order to spread Islam in the Indian Subcontinent.Malik Deenar Mosque, in Thalangara, Kasaragod, Kerala.
- Muhyaddin Juma Masjid Malayalam: മുഹ്യദ്ദീന്ജുമ മസ്ജിദ്,Arabic: محي الدين جمعة مسجد, is a masjid (mosque) located at Nellikunnu, Kasaragod district. The mosque that houses the tomb of famous Saint Thangal Uppapa is one of pilgrimage centre in Kasaragod.
Hazrat Khawaja Syed Imam Nasir U Din Abu Yousaf Chishti Jalandhari (Jalandhar, Punjab, India)
- Haz. Sufi Hamid Uddin Nagori(ra), Nagaur, Rajasthan
- Hazrat Abdul Wahab Jilani (RA), Nagaur, Rajasthan
- Haz. Jana Sahid (ra), Marwar Mundwa, Nagaur, Rajasthan
- Hazrat Miskeen Shah Baba R.A., Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Hazrat Abdul Haleem Shah Sahab and Nek Naam Shah Sahab Baba R.A., Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Dargah Aamanisha Baba R.A., Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Dargah Hazrat Jharu Shah Baba R.A., Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Dargah Hazrat Muhammad Durvesh Shah Sabab R.A. Moti Doongri, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Dargah Hazrat Sadik Ali Shah Sahab R.A., Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Dargah Hazrat Burhanuddin Baba R.A. Tala Baba, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Mazar Hazrat Chup Shah Sahab R.A., Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Hazrat Seyyidina Tamim al-Ansari Dargha at Kovalam, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Hazrat Qutbul Hamid Gausl Majeed Shaheede Aazam Hazrat Sulthan Syed Ibrahim Shaheed Badushah at Ervadi, Ramanathapuram District, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Hazrat Qutb Syed Abutahir madani Shaheed, Erwadi.
- Hazrat Sulthan Sikandar badusha shaheed, Thiruparankundram, Madurai
- Hazrath Kuthub-ul-Akthab Fardh-ul-Ahbab Kuthub-ul-Majeed Fardh-ul-Wahid Syedina Syed-us-Shadath Syed Abdul Qadir Shahul Hamid Meeran Saahib Ganjasavoi al Manickpauri Dargah or well known as Nagore Dargah, which is located in the Nagapattinam District, of Tamil Nadu, India.
- Hazrath Mutahharuddin Tabley Aalam Syed Nathar Sha Wali Auliya at Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu, India
- Hazrat Shaikh Dawood Shah Wali Dargah or Venadu Dargah at Muthupet, Thiruvarur District, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Hazrat Meer Ahmad Ibrahim, Hazrat Meer Amjad Ibrahim and Hazrat Syed Abdus Salam Ibrahim Waliyullah at Kazimar periya pallivasal Maqbara Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Hazrat Syed Moosa Sha Kaderi Dargha at Mount Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Hazrat Moti Bava Dargah at Egmore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Hazrat Naseer Auliya Dargha at Ranipet, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Hazrat Shofi Mastan Waliyullah Dargah at Gudiyatham, Vellore District, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Hazrat Swath Peer Auliya Dargha at Arcot, Vellore District, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Hazrat Abdul Kadeer lakab Masoom Shah
- Hazrat Badiudin Zinda Shah Madar
- Hazrat Qutub Ul Aqtab Sarkar Fazle Rehma Ganj Muradabadi
- Hazrat Makhdoom Shah Misbahul Asheeqen
- Hazrat Makhdoom Shah Safipuri
- Hazrat Waris Paak
- Hazrat Makhdoom Ashraf Jahangir
- Hazrat Mir Abdul Wahid Bilgrami
- Hazrat Syed Yaseen Shah Data r.a Selharapur District Deoria
- Hazrat Haji Qasim Mustufaye Fazle Rehmani
- Hazrat Makhdoom Haq Rudaulvi
- Gala Mandi Bhagwant nagar District Unnoa State Uttar Pradesh
- Syed Riyaz Ahmad Naqshbandi Fatehpur Sharif
٭ Hazrat Makhdoom Syed Jamal uddin zaidi al wasti sirsi makhdoompur moradabad uttar pradesh
- Hazrat Seyed Ali Arab Naqvi Neshapuri Shaheed Alipur Pansukha Sambhai uttar pradesh
Many Indonesians visit the royal Javanese graves, or the cemeteries of former presidents and Muslim missionaries.
- Fatimah al-Ma'sūmah Mosque, Qom
- Jamkaran, Qom
- Imam Reza shrine - a large complex, developed on the burial site of the Eighth Shī`a Imām, 'Ali ar-Ridha, Mashad
* ‘Abdul ‘Adhīm ibn ‘Abdillāh al-Hasanī (aka. Shah Abdol Azim)
(a fifth generation descendant of Hasan ibn ‘Alī and a companion of the ninth Shī‘ah Twelver Imām, Muhammad al-Jawad)
*Adjacent to the shrine, within the complex, is the mausolea of Imamzadeh Tahir (son of the fourth Shī‘ah Twelver Imām Ali ibn Husayn Zayn al-Abidin), and Imamzadeh Hamzeh (brother of the eighth Shī‘ah Twelver Imām Ali al-Ridha).
Shazdeh Hosein shrine, Qazvin.
Imamzadeh Hamzeh, Mahshahr-Hendijan, Khuzestan.
Israel and Palestinian Territories
- Al-Aqsa Mosque, built over the spot where Muhammad is said to have prayed before he ascended to the heavens; Jerusalem
- Masjid Sakhra (Dome of the Rock), built over the rock from whence legend holds Muhammad is to have ascended to the heavens; Jerusalem
- Tomb of Moses, 10 miles from Jerusalem
- Cave of the Patriarchs, Hebron
- Joseph's Tomb, outside Nablus
- Tomb of Lot, Bani Na'im
- Tomb of Tamim al-Dari, Bayt Jibrin
- Sayed al-Hashim Mosque - Muhammad's great grandfather, Gaza
- Tomb of Samuel, Nabi Samwil
- Sidna Ali Mosque, Herzliya - Tomb of Ibn Aleem which was a Muslim saint that fell during the Battle of Arsuf.
- Nabi Rubin Mosque, Palmachim - The Muslim traditional burial site of Reuben. the shrine is abandoned
- Nabi Yahya Mosque, Sebastia - Tomb of John the Baptist
- Nebi Akasha Mosque, Jerusalem - Tomb of Ukasha ibn al-Mihsan, a friend of Muhammad and also a burial place for some Muslim saint from Saladin's army. the shrine is abandoned. see also Expedition of Ukasha bin Al-Mihsan (Udhrah and Baliy)
- Tomb of Joshua (Shia Islam), Ramot Naftali - the Shiite shrine of Nabi Yusha's (Joshua) tomb. the village which includes the shrine was Shiite and destroyed in 1948. the shrine is abandoned.
- Nabi Bulus, Beit Shemesh - the shrine of Paul the Apostle in the Muslim tradition (unlike the Christian one which is in Rome). the shrine is abandoned
- Maqam Shihab al-Din, Nazareth - a small shrine and mosque on rooftop and the burial place of Shihab al-Din, Saladin's nephew that died at the Battle of Hattin near Tiberias. located in front of the Basilica of the Annunciation
- Mosque of Omar, Jerusalem - in front of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Omar prayed there after refused to pray inside the church, it is also believed to be the place that David prayed.
- Jubb Yussef (Joseph's Well) - The well that Joseph was thrown to. abandoned shrine.
- Tomb of Nabi Saleh, Ramla - Nabi Saleh mentioned seven times in the Quran as to prophet who told Mada'in Saleh residents to convert their religion to Islam, after they didn't listened to him the city was destroyed by god. His tomb locked near the White Mosque in the city of Ramla which is the biggest remains of early Islamic Mosque in Israel, any spring in year there is an annual pilgrimage celebrations in the shrine
- Maqam al-Nabi Shu'ayb, Horns of Hattin - Ziyarat al-Nabi Shu'ayb is the biggest Druze Ziyarat
- Maqam al-Nabi Sabalan, Hurfeish
- Al-Masjid an-Nabawi, Medina
- Maqbaratu l-Baqī' in Medina and the Hasan ibn Ali, Ali ibn al-Husayn Zayn al-'Abidin, Muhammad al-Baqir, and Ja'far al-Sadiq are presented here.
- Jannatul Mualla, Makkah - graves of: Abd Manaf ibn Qusai, Hashim ibn 'Abd Manaf, Abdul Mutallib, Abu Talib ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib and among others, are buried here.
- Hira, the cave where the angel Gabriel is said to have first visited Muhammad.
- Badar in Madina al Munawarah.
- Jable Saoor In makkah Mukarma.
- Masjid e Jinnin Makkah Mukarma.
- Quba Mosque in Madina al Munavarah.
- Masjid al-Qiblatain in Madina al Munavarah.
- Bir E Roha & Bir e Shifa in Madina al Munavarah.
- Saba Masjid in Madina al munavarah.
- Birth Place of Muhammad.
- Sayyidah Zaynab Mosque, the tomb of Zaynab bint Ali, daughter of Ali and Fatimah, Damascus
- Sayyidah Ruqayya Mosque, the tomb of Sukayna bint Husayn, daughter of Husayn ibn Ali - the grandson of Muhammad, Damascus
- Bab Saghir Cemetery (also called Goristan-e-Ghariban), Damascus. Many famous historical figures, including Umm Kulthum bint Ali and Bilal ibn Ribah are buried here.
- Nabi Habeel Mosque, the tomb of Abel, son of Adam, Damascus
- Araq Tomb, Damascus, dedicated to Suhayb al-Rumi
- Bab al-Hadid, Aleppo
- Bab al-Nasr, Aleppo
- Bab Antakeya, Aleppo
- Hilaliyya Zawiya, Aleppo. Mausoleum for Sheikh Mohammed Hilal Ram Hamdani
- Umayyad Mosque (Jaami al-Amawi), Damascus
- Salera Hill, Damascus
Kusam ibn Abbas
(the cousin of the prophet Muhammad)
*Many different tombs of scholars, poets, military men etc. from 9th till 14th centuries
- Privratsky, Bruce G.(2001) Muslim Turkistan: Kazak Religion and Collective Memory. Richmond, Surrey: Curzon.
- Subtelny, M. E. (1989) The cult of holy places: religious practices among Soviet Muslims. Middle East Journal, 43(4): 593–604.