Listen (A Flock of Seagulls album)
|Studio album by A Flock of Seagulls|
|Producer||Mike Howlett, Bill Nelson|
|A Flock of Seagulls chronology|
|Singles from Listen|
Listen was the second album release by the UK new wave band A Flock of Seagulls, released in 1983. It teamed the musical group with record producer Mike Howlett again, except on the single release "(It's Not Me) Talking" which was produced by Bill Nelson. The record included the UK Top 10 hit "Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You)". The person's face on its sleeve cover is that of the band's drummer, Ali Score.
All songs written by A Flock of Seagulls.
- "Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You)" – 5:31
- "Nightmares" – 4:37
- "Transfer Affection" – 5:21
- "What Am I Supposed To Do" – 4:13
- "Electrics" – 3:33
- "The Traveller" – 3:26
- "2-30" – 0:59
- "Over the Border" – 5:04
- "The Fall" – 4:30
- "(It's Not Me) Talking" – 5:00
Note: This is the track listing for the original LP release. The cassette version and the 1992 CD version (on the Beehive label) have these tracks in a slightly different order, with the additional tracks "Rosenmontag", "Quicksand", and "The Last Flight of Yuri Gagarin" interspersed (although the track listing for the CD edition, printed on the inserts and the disc itself, incorrectly follows the LP track listing above rather than reflecting the disc's actual contents). The 2004 CD version has the ten tracks in the order listed above, followed by the three additional tracks "Committed", "Quicksand", and a live rendition of their hit "I Ran (So Far Away)". "(It's Not Me) Talking" was released in 1981, three years before Listen was released on Bill Nelson's Cocteau label. The version of the song used on Listen appears to be a re-recorded version; as a consequence, the Cocteau version has yet to see a CD release.
- Mike Score - lead vocals, keyboards, guitar
- Paul Reynolds - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Frank Maudsley - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Ali Score - drums
- Produced By Mike Howlett & Bill Nelson
- Recorded & Engineered By Dave Hutchins
|Canada Albums Chart||12|
|German Albums Chart||14|
|New Zealand Albums Chart||5|
|Swedish Albums Chart||44|
|UK Albums Chart||16|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||16|
- AllMusic review
- Robert Christgau review
- The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Rock History: The Video Generation, 1981-1990 MA Janosik - 2006 - Greenwood Press
- "Bienvenue au site Web BIBLIOTHÈQUE ET ARCHIVES CANADA | Welcome to the LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES CANADA website". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2012-01-07.
- "Charts-Surfer". Charts-surfer.de. Retrieved 2012-01-07.
- Steffen Hung. "New Zealand charts portal". charts.org.nz. Retrieved 2012-01-07.
- Steffen Hung. "Swedish Charts Portal". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2012-01-07.
- "UK Singles & Albums Chart Archive". Chart Stats. Retrieved 2012-01-07.
- "AllMusic". AllMusic. 2012-01-02. Retrieved 2012-01-07.