|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
|Type of site||social network service|
|Created by||Lisa Nola, Adam Marks|
Listography is a book and personal web application which allows users to create and share lists. Through list-making, users can shape an autobiography and create references for themselves and others. Some common types of lists are: autobiographical, favorites, motivational, wishlists, to do lists, catalogues, and photo lists. Users are sometimes called listographers and their collection of lists are referred to as listographies. Listography is a trademarked name.
Listography.com & The Listography Book were featured in Boing Boing Television's premiere as a place to capture one's autobiography in lists.
The Web Application
Listography.com was founded by Lisa Nola & Adam Marks and launched publicly in 2007. The site is a personal and social tool for creating and sharing lists. Each user has a home page called their listography. Users can create a list of their favorite other listography users, and view updates on these users' listographies. Users can also leave comments on lists and send lists via email. Another feature of the site is a list topic generator.
The first Listography book was published by Chronicle Books in October, 2007. Other editions include: Love Listography, Kid's Listography, Music Listography, Friends Listography, Future Listography and Film Listography. Parenthood Listography and Travel Listography are slated for release in 2013 and an annual planner for 2014. The books/journals prompt readers to record their autobiography through a series of list topics created by Lisa Nola, complemented by illustrations from various artists.
How to Use
1) First, you must create an account in the ‘Sign up’ option. Fill in the blanks with your email, fist name or nickname and password. It’s done.
2) Then click in ‘Create list’. Choose the categorie of your list (about me, events, internet video, to do and more). Write a title, too.
3) It’s time to make your list. Put ‘*’ before each entry, and take a new line for each separate item.
4) Now you can change the design of your list. Select the colour, the style of the letters and the icons. You can also upload an image to decorate your list.
5) Click in ‘Folder’ to define where your list is going to be. Categories: main (fist page), ongoing (in progress), archive (last list or long-time lists) and private (only you can see).
6) In the option ‘ABC’ you can itemize or alphabetize your list.
7) Clicking in ‘Guide’, you will find the html codes to format all the text of the list.
8) Now, select the option ‘Save’ to publish your list in your home page. Unless it’s private, all the other users can see it and comment.