Lists of English words of Celtic origin
Lists of English words of Celtic origin refers to the English words which are derived from the Celtic origins. And, there are lots of languages which have been directly or indirectly borrowed into English words, but the sources are from the Celtic languages. For example, it is indirectly turned into English words through the Common Brittonic, Gaulish, Irish, Scottish Gaelic, Welsh or other languages.
Lists of English words derived from Celtic languages
- List of English words of Ancient British origin
- List of English words of Gaulish origin
- List of English words of Irish origin
- List of English words of Scottish Gaelic origin
- List of English words of Welsh origin
- Hindley, Reg (1990). The Death of the Irish Language: A Qualified Obituary. Routledge. ISBN 0-415-04339-5.
- Schrijver, Peter (1995). Studies in British Celtic historical phonology. Amsterdam: Rodopi. ISBN 90-5183-820-4.
- Tristram, Hildegaard 2007: "Why Don't the English Speak Welsh", retrieved Jan.24,2014.
- Douglas Harper,"Online Etymology Dictionary", retrieved Jan.24,2014.
- Hoad, TF (ed) The Concise Oxford Dictionary of English Etymology (1993) Oxford University Press ISBN 0-19-283098-8
- Hoad, T.F. (ed) (1986) Oxford Concise Dictionary of English Etymology Oxford ISBN 0-19-283098-8
- MacBain, A. (1911) An Etymological Dictionary of the Gaelic Language
- Weekley, Ernest (1921), An Etymological Dictionary of Modern English .
- Skeat, Walter W (1888), An Etymological Dictionary the English Language .