Bihari literature has been produced by a number of writers of Hindi, including Raja Radhika Raman Singh,Acharya Ramlochan Saran, Acharya Shivpujan Sahay, Divakar Prasad Vidyarthy, Ramdhari Singh 'Dinkar', Ram Briksh Benipuri, Phanishwar Nath 'Renu', Gopal Singh "Nepali" and Baba Nagarjun. Writer and Buddhist scholar Mahapandit Rahul Sankrityayan was born in Uttar Pradesh but spent his life in the land of Lord Buddha, i.e., Bihar. Hrishikesh Sulabh is a short story writer, playwright and theatre critic. Arun Kamal and Aalok Dhanwa are poets.
Other regional languages
Different regional languages also have produced some prominent poets and authors. Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay, writer in Bengali, resided for some time in Bihar. Indian writer in English Upamanyu Chatterjee also hails from Patna in Bihar. Devaki Nandan Khatri, who at the beginning of the 20th century wrote novels including Chandrakanta and Chandrakanta Santati, was born in Muzaffarpur, Bihar. Vidyapati Thakur is the most renowned poet of Maithili. (c. 14–15th century).Usha Kiran Khan is a renowned Maithili writer
- Satyapal Chandra has broken traditionally stereotype in English literature by writing a number of English bestsellers related to various genres.
- Nipun Ranjan - An young novelist. Born in Patna. Wrote The Lost Scraps of Love. Nipun Ranjan is graduated in engineering from Jadavpur University. He wrote this book The Lost Scraps of Love when he was in 2nd year of engineering course but the book is published when he was on verge of finishing his engineering. Presently he works for BHEL a government of India undertaking.
- Abhay Kumar - poet and author. He has produced some books in English those cover great themes.
- Alok Mishra- young author, poet, and novelist from Bihar. He was born in Parwalpur, Nalanda, Bihar. He is a native of Madhubani district. He has been writing since class 10. His debut book- "Being in Love... (Bliss or Curse)" is a work in prose and poetry both. This is the first book in India that throws light on Honor killing. As of 2012[update] he was an MA student of English at Nalanda College Biharsharif.
- Amarnath Jha- wrote a number of essays and articles. He worked on educational reform in India. Recipient of the Padma Vibhushan award.
- Amitava Kumar - author, journalist, and professor of English at Vassar College. He was born in Arrah district in Bihar. Author of Husband of a Fanatic, Bombay-London-New York, and Passport Photos.
- Siddhartha Chowdhury " Patna Roughcut".
- Ashutosh Kumar-The Great Return of Doctor Fautus
- R. K. Sinha - died in 2003. He was born in Munger district of Bihar. He was a gold medalist for his master of arts degree. He was awarded a D Phil from Oxford University in 1950.
- Tabish Khair - poet and novelist, born in Gaya district of Bihar.
- Birbal Jha who was born in the district Madhubani of Bihar wrote a score of books on the English language and worked to advance the cause of education in India, more particularly in Bihar. Jha's book Spoken English Kit besides Celebrate Your Life is a hit in Hindi speaking belt of India.
- Kunal Bhardwaj - Best selling author of English fiction "Love was never Mine". He is probably the first English fiction author from the younger generation of Siwan.
• Dr Deovrat Prasad Akela- Poet And Author From Muzaffarpur who has produced a number of books both in Hindi and English, some of his famous writing are "Maa Mujhe Mat maro, "Sarojani Naidu and her art of poetry", "phool hi ugain ge", right now he is associate prof in English at Natishwar College Muzaffarpur.
Women Writers of English Literature
- Rashmi Singh (Author) Love's Journey published by Pustak Mahal May 2011. The Untold Story of Arundhati and The Black Emperor
- Nikita Singh - "Love @ Facebook
- Manna Bahadur The Dance of Death published by Penguin India March 2012
- Mallika Nawal The Eleventh Commandment - An Introduction to Religio-Marketing and Religictionary - The A-Z of Religion are international books. Her Business Communication, published by Cengage Learning is a leading management textbook that is prescribed at several universities including Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. Her debut novel I'm a Woman & I'm on SALE was released on 16th December 2013 and has been dedicated to Nirbhaya.
- Paigham Afaqui an Urdu. Novelist, short story writer, poet and dramatist and wrote the Urdu novel Makaan and belongs to Siwan district though he lives in Delhi.
- Azhar Sabri is known for Urdu language poet, literary critic, writer and shayar from Belwar, Gaya, Bihar.
- Shamoel Ahmed is a short story writer and poet from Bihar
- Shaukat Hayatare known for urdu writing from Bihar
- Ramdhari Singh 'Dinkar'
- Ram Briksh Benipuri
- Phanishwar Nath 'Renu'
- Janki Ballabh Shastri
- Gopal Singh "Nepali"
- Baba Nagarjun
- Gajendra Thakur
- Mahapandit Rahul Sankrityayan
- Devaki Nandan Khatri
- Vidyapati Thakur
- Swami Sahajanand Saraswati
- Mahamahopadhyaya Pandit Ram Avatar Sharma
- Pandit Nalin Vilochan Sharma
- Paigham Afaqui
- Ramesh Chandra Jha
- Ram Karan Sharma
- Ram Sharan Sharma
- Ramesh Chandra Prasad Sinha
- Indradeep Sinha
- Raghav Sharan Sharma
- Balmiki Prasad Singh
- Sir Chandeshwar Prasad Narayan Singh (Sinha)
- Mridula Sinha
- Pandit Sheel Bhadra Yajee
- worldcat. http://www.worldcat.org/wcidentities/lccn-no2002-23689, Retrieved 15 July 2014
- poemhunter. http://www.poemhunter.com/azhar-sabri/, Retrieved 15 July 2014