|Little Annie / Annie Anxiety|
|Also known as||Annie Anxiety, Annie Bandez, Little Annie|
|Origin||New York, USA|
|Genres||Industrial music, punk, electronic music, reggae, experimental music|
|Occupations||Musician, painter, actor|
|Labels||On-U Sound Records, Southern Records, One Little Indian Records, Durtro / Jnana Records|
Little Annie Bandez (also known as Annie Anxiety or Little Annie Anxiety Bandez) is an American singer, songwriter, painter, and stage actor. She has recorded extensively with vanguard figures of twentieth century underground rock, such as rock musician Kid Congo Powers, dub stalwart Adrian Sherwood, punk/experimental band Crass, experimental/electronica band Coil, and Nurse with Wound. She has released several solo albums since the 1980s.
In 2006 she released Songs from the Coalmine Canary on the Durtro / Jnana label.
Little Annie has performed on stage with Marc Almond, supporting him in 2007 in several appearances at Wliton's Music Hall, where she performed with pianist Paul Wallfisch.
In 2010 Annie and Paul released their second album, Genderful through Southern Records.
Little Annie is a painter and exhibits regularly. Her naive style is figurative, metaphorical and surrealistic, with a strong emphasis on color; often combining tortuous, expressionistic cityscapes with Biblical imagery. One series of her paintings, "God and Science", was inspired by the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States.
Songs from the Coalmine Canary 
Little Annie's album Songs from the Coalmine Canary was co-produced by Antony Hegarty, of Antony and the Johnsons, and Joe Budenholzer of Backworld. Hegarty also played piano, sang backup vocals and co-wrote several songs on the album. The song "Strangelove", co-written by Little Annie and Hegarty, was used as the soundtrack for Levi's "Dangerous Liaisons" advertising campaign in 2007, garnering several awards, including the Cannes Lions – International Advertising Festival, 2007 (Bronze Lion ) for "Best Use of Music".
- 1981 – Annie Anxiety – "Barbed Wire Halo" 7" (Crass Records, 321984/3)
- 1984 – Annie Anxiety – Soul Possession LP (Corpus Christi Records, Christ It's 10) – UK Indie Chart #7
- 1987 - Annie Anxiety Bandez - Jackamo LP/CD (One Little Indian, TPLP 4)
- 1992 – Little Annie – Short and Sweet LP (On-U Sound Records, ON-U LP60 CD16)
- 1992 - Little Annie - "Blessed those" 10" (On-U Sound Records, ON-U DP 26)
- 2007 - Little Annie - Songs from the Coalmine Canary (Durtro Jnana)
- 2008 - Little Annie and Paul Wallfisch - When Good Things Happen to Bad Pianos (Durtro Jnana)
- 2010 - Little Annie and Paul Wallfisch - Genderful (Southern Records)
Compilation appearances 
- "I Think Of You" (alternate vocal take, alternate mix) on Pay It All Back Volume Three (On-U Sound Records, ON-U LP53) (1991)
- "13 Things I Did Today" on Interiors (1998)
- "Baby I'll Make You A Man" on Brainwaves (2006)
List of musical collaborations 
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (September 2010)|
- Paul Wallfisch
- Missing Brazilians
- Keith Leblanc
- Coil - Love's Secret Domain
- The Wolfgang Press ("The Birdie Song", from Queer, 1991)
- Paul Oakenfold
- Kid Congo Powers
- Nurse with Wound
- Bim Sherman
- Joe Buedenholzer
- Can Oral
- Christian Jendreiko
- Christoph Heemann
- The Legally Jammin
- Rubella Ballet
- Disco Hospital
- Into a Circle
- Current 93
- Andy T (Andrew Thorley)
- Matthew Johnson (25 February 2007). "Little Annie: Ghosts of Old New York". ReGen Magazine. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- "Little Annie, Songs from the Coalmine Canary". Brainwashed. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- "My Favorite Ad: Levi’s Dangerous Liaisons". Design is___. May 22, 2008. Retrieved 26 August 2010.