|Origin||Tyne and Wear, England|
Lucky Number Music
The Smallest Label
David Green (Greenie) (session drummer)
|Past members||Mark Harle|
Little Comets are an English indie rock trio from Jarrow and Washington, Tyne and Wear. They are described as playing 'kitchen sink indie' music. In early 2009 the band were signed to Columbia Records and released their debut album, In Search of Elusive Little Comets, on 31 January 2011. The band released their second album, Life is Elsewhere, on 15 October 2012 under Dirty Hit records.
On 9 February 2009, the band released their debut single "One Night in October" through Lucky Number Records on vinyl and via digital download. The single debuted at number 3 on the independent chart and received praise from BBC Radio 1 DJs Huw Stephens, Zane Lowe and Sara Cox, all of whom played the song on their respective shows.
Having signed with Columbia Records during 2008, the band release their second single "Adultery" on 26 October 2009. The band promoted the single by touring acting as support for bands such as Hockey, The Twang and The Noisettes. Columbia terminated the contract in 2010.
The band revealed in November 2010 that their debut album In Search of Elusive Little Comets would be released in the UK on 31 January 2011 both digitally and physically. The album will be produced by their guitarist Michael Coles and mixed by Rich Costey. The album was preceded by a release of the track "Joanna" on 17 January 2011.
In May 2011 it was announced on the band's website and on other official outlets that drummer Mark Harle was leaving the band to pursue other opportunities. The band decided to move several shows scheduled for May to October of the same year. They have also stated that they are sure they will find a new drummer soon enough to perform at their summer festival dates.
|Year||Album||UK Albums Chart position|
|2011||In Search of Elusive Little Comets
|2012||Life is Elsewhere
|2009||"One Night In October"||–||3||In Search of
Elusive Little Comets
|"Friday Don't Need It"||–||–|
|2010||"Isles"||–||31||In Search of
Elusive Little Comets
|2012||"Jennifer"||79||34||Jennifer and Other Short Stories EP|
|"A Little Opus"||–||–||Life Is Elsewhere|
|2013||"Violence Out Tonight"||–||–|
- Current members
- Robert Coles — lead vocals, guitar (2008-present)
- Michael Coles — lead guitar, backing vocals (2008-present)
- Matt Hall — bass guitar, backing vocals (2008-present)
- Touring musicians
- David Green (Greenie) — drums (2011-present)
- Former members
- Mark Harle — drums (2008-2011)
- Webzine www.ildormiglione.net
- Official Little Comets website
- Little Comets on Myspace
- Interview on BBC Tyne
- Little Comets confirm debut album release, Retrieved 2011-01-10
- Little Comets - One Night in October, Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- Little Comets - Adultery, Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- Interview | Little Comets | meg
- and then there were THREE little comets....
- Unilever repositions Radox to promote natural ingredients
- RADOX ‘COME TO LIFE’ COMMERCIAL – WHAT’S THE SONG?
- A Little Interview With A Little Comet