Little Grand Rapids Airport
|Little Grand Rapids Airport|
|IATA: ZGR – ICAO: CZGR|
|Operator||Government of Manitoba|
|Location||Little Grand Rapids, Manitoba|
|Time zone||CST (UTC−06:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC−05:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||1,008 ft / 307 m|
|Source: Canada Flight Supplement
Movements from Statistics Canada.
Little Grand Rapids Airport (IATA: ZGR, ICAO: CZGR) is the airport serving the communities of Little Grand Rapids and the nearby community of Pauingassi, Manitoba, Canada. These two communities are connected to the more populated southern areas of Manitoba by a winter road which is only operational for about two months per year. During the other 10 months, this airport is the only practical way move passengers and goods in and out of the communities. The lack of roads and small size of aircraft—typically Otters, Grand Caravans or similar—makes it relatively busy compared to the population of roughly 1,500 served by the airport.
This airport in Manitoba is operated by the Manitoba Transportation & Government Services - Northern Airports & Marine Operations.
Its NDB beacon is 280 - 4B.
Airlines and destinations
- Harv's Air (Winnipeg/St. Andrews)
- SkyNorth Air (Winnipeg/James Armstrong Richardson)
- Adventure Air (Winnipeg/St. Andrews)
- Northway Aviation Ltd. (Winnipeg/St. Andrews)
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 29 May 2014 to 0901Z 24 July 2014
- Total aircraft movements by class of operation