|Origin||New York City, USA|
|Genres||Indie pop, R&B, disco|
|Members||Imani Coppola (vocalist)
Adam Pallin (programmer/producer)
Little Jackie is an American duo consisting of Imani Coppola and Adam Pallin. Little Jackie, which derives its name from the 1989 hit song "Little Jackie Wants to Be a Star" by Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, released a hit single in 2008 called "The World Should Revolve Around Me" from their debut album The Stoop.
In 2008, Coppola and Pallin signed a contract with S-Curve, an independent label owned by Steve Greenberg, to issue an album. This coincided with the duo's television debut on Late Night with Conan O'Brien. Album promotion is by Nabbr, a company that has created viral video campaigns for Justin Timberlake and Amy Winehouse. Coppola, originally signed as a solo act with Columbia Records, plans to approach the music business differently with Little Jackie, bolstered by her experiences. She also sees Little Jackie as an opportunity to get back into pop.
On August 3, 2011 Little Jackie digitally released their second album, Made4TV, on Bandcamp.com, a website that allows artists release their music and merchandise directly to their fans.
|Year||Title||Chart peak positions|
|2014||Queen of Prospect Park
|Year||Single||Chart peak positions||Album|
|2008||"The World Should Revolve Around Me"||14||30||The Stoop|
- The Stoop, Billboard Singles at AllMusic
- Little Jackie, "The World Should Revolve Around Me" chartstats.com. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- Imani Coppola, Billboard Singles at AllMusic
- MySpace.com - LITTLE JACKIE - Brooklyn, New York - Pop / R&B / Alternative - www.myspace.com/littlejackiemusic
- Time Out. "Loose canon" by Steve Smith. November 8, 2007.
- Suicide Girls. "Imani Coppola" interviewed by Erin Broadley. November 7, 2007.
- Glasgow Sunday Mail. "World set to revolve around Little Jackie" edited by Mickey Mcmonagle and Heather Greenaway. July 27.
- The Stoop at AllMusic