Little Johnny jokes are about a small boy who likes to ask embarrassing questions and has a very straightforward way of thinking. At times he is well educated in the terminology of sex, while at others he is all too innocent.
Around the world
Joke characters similar to Little Johnny are known in other countries:
- Argentina: Jaimito (diminutive of Jaime)
- Brazil and Portugal: Joãozinho (diminutive of João) or Juquinha
- Bulgaria Ivancho (in Bulgarian Иванчо, diminutive for Ivan), commonly featured with Mariyka (in Bulgarian Марийка, diminutive for Mariya) a young girl
- Croatia and Serbia: Perica
- Czech Republic: Pepíček (diminutive of Pepa, itself diminutive of Josef)
- Finland: Pikku-Kalle
- France: Toto
- Germany: Klein Fritzchen (Little Fritzie); see German humour and East Germany jokes
- Italy: it:Pierino
- India: Tintumon in Malayalam language
- Mexico: Pepito (diminutive of "Pepe", nickname of "José" – Joseph)
- Netherlands: Jantje, a stereotype of the average little Dutch boy, a diminutive of Jan
- Spain and Hispanophone Latin America: Jaimito (In Cuba, Honduras, Mexico, Dominican Republic and Ecuador, Pepito)
- Sri Lanka: Amdan (Emden)
- Russia: Vovochka (diminutive of Vladimir)
- Romania: Bulă
- Slovenia: Janezek
- Ms. Smith stopped to reprove Johnny for making faces: "Johnny, when I was small, my mother used to tell me that if I made ugly faces, at some moment it would freeze and stay like that." Johnny looked up at her and thoughtfully replied: "Well, Ms. Smith, you can't say you weren't forewarned."
- The teacher asks everyone in the class to demonstrate something exciting. When Johnny's turn came, he walked to the blackboard and drew a small dot. "What's that?" the teacher asked, puzzled. "It's a period." – "Well, I see that, but what's exciting about a period?" – "Darned if I know, but this morning my sister said she missed one… Dad had a heart attack, mom fainted, and the guy next door shot himself."
- es:Jaimito Jaimito
- Piadas do Joãozinho
- fr:Blague de Toto
- Barzellette – Pierino / Risate On Line – Il portale dell'umorismo
- Rajan, Jeena. Tintumon Jokes (I Love You Tintu). DC Books. ISBN 978-81-264-2636-2.
- Paper Augsburg
- Los Mejores Chistes: Jaimito
- Tracing Amdan and finding Emden