Little Nellie 007
Little Nellie 007 (ISBN 978-0-907595-75-5) (1991) is a book by Bruce Barrymore Halpenny about the James Bond autogyro, Little Nellie as featured in the film You Only Live Twice and her "father", Wing Commander Retd. Ken Wallis.
The book known to James Bond fans, and also used as a reference book for other Bond books gives a behind the scenes look at the making of the film as well as providing all the location shoots for the film and also a brief history of aviation legend, Ken Wallis himself. Halpenny and Wallis are friends and both ex-Royal Air Force.
The book briefly delves into Ken Wallis’s early family connections with aviation, then onto his own World War II exploits first as an operational pilot in the Army Co-operation Command flying Lysanders and then as an operational captain of Wellington bombers. Finally the reader is brought to Wallis’s post war activities and early stunt filming in Brazil, (some around the statue of Christ by the Corcovado Mountain at Rio de Janeiro and at one point accidentally getting caught in one of Brazil’s notorious 'Ventana' windstorms) and Italy.
- The sections include:
- Little Nellie;
- Little Nellie in Action;
- Little Nellie on Location;
- Shooting a Ground Scene;
- Little Nellie’s Weapons;
- Little Nellie is Hit;
- The Dangers;
- The Most Memorable;
- A Punishing Schedule;
- The Lighter Moments and No Time to Relax.
- bondpix, An Interview With Wing Commander Kenneth H Wallis
- Little Nellie 007 used as Reference for other Bond books
- James Bond 007 By Luis Saavedra Castaño - PUBLICACIÓ Valencia : Saimel, cop. 2000 (ISBN 84-88647-877-8) Pages 123 & 226
- Der große James Bond Atlas by Siegfried Tesche - Oktober 2008 (ISBN 3577073055) (EAN 9783577073059) Alle Filme, Schauplätze und Hintergründe. zahlreiche farbige Abbildungen. Pages 92-95
- Old Buckenham Air Show 2005 Review