Little Rock River
|Little Rock River|
|Districts||Lyon County, Iowa, Osceola County, Iowa, Nobles County, Minnesota|
|- location||Doon, Iowa, US|
|- elevation||1,250 ft (381 m)|
|U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Little Rock River|
The Little Rock River is a tributary of the Rock River, 74.5 miles (119.9 km) long, in southwestern Minnesota and northwestern Iowa in the United States. Via the Rock, Big Sioux and Missouri rivers, it is part of the watershed of the Mississippi River.
According to the Geographic Names Information System, it has also been known as "Little Rock Creek".
The Little Rock River rises in Nobles County, Minnesota, 3 miles (5 km) west of the town of Worthington, and flows generally southwestwardly through Osceola and Lyon counties in Iowa, where it passes the towns of Little Rock and George. It flows into the Rock River 1.5 miles (2.4 km) southwest of Doon.
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map, accessed March 30, 2011
- Columbia Gazetteer of North America entry
- DeLorme (1998). Iowa Atlas & Gazetteer. Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. ISBN 0-89933-214-5.
- DeLorme (1994). Minnesota Atlas & Gazetteer. Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. ISBN 0-89933-222-6.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Little Rock River, retrieved 4 February 2006.
|This Iowa state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Minnesota state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|