Little Scream performing
|Birth name||Laurel Sprengelmeyer|
|Born||Iowa, United States|
|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Genres||folk, art rock|
|Instruments||violin, piano, guitar|
|Years active||2010 - present|
|Labels||Secretly Canadian, Outside Music|
|Associated acts||Arcade Fire, The National, Thee Silver Mt. Zion|
Little Scream is the stage name of American-born, Montreal-based singer, songwriter, multi-instrumental musician and artist Laurel Sprengelmeyer. Her debut album The Golden Record was released on Outside Music in Canada and Secretly Canadian elsewhere on March 15, 2011. Her musical style has been described as a blend of folk, pop and art rock.
Laurel Sprengelmeyer was born in Iowa, where she studied piano and violin as a child. After moving to Montreal, she connected with well-known Canadian musicians, including some from Arcade Fire, Thee Silver Mt. Zion and The National, who would later collaborate on her debut album. Little Scream is also a visual artist, using her own oil painting on the cover of The Golden Record.
- Grayson Currin (April 20, 2011). "The Golden Record". Pitchfork.com. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- "Little Scream". Secretly Canadian Records. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- Jenny Charlesworth (Feb 8, 2012). "Little Scream Enlist 'Clavicyclette' Piano-Bike for 'Boatman'". Spinner. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- "MusicNow – A festival of contemporary music in Cincinnati, Ohio". Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- "Laurel Sprengelmeyer". Artistdirect.com. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
|This article about a Canadian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|