Little Sheep Group
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2008)|
|Headquarters||Baotou, Inner Mongolia, People's Republic of China|
|Area served||People's Republic of China, USA, Canada, Japan, Indonesia, UAE|
|Key people||Chairman: Mr. Zhang Gang
Deputy Chairman: Mr. Chen Hongkai
|Parent||Yum! Restaurants China|
|Website||Little-Sheep Catering Chain Company Limited|
|Little Sheep Group Limited|
Little Sheep Group Limited is a company founded in 1999 in Baotou, Inner Mongolia, China. Originally a private company, it specializes in operating hot pot restaurants, condiment processing and meat processing.
Little Sheep currently has over 300 chain restaurants in China (including Hong Kong, Macau), Taiwan and also the United States, the United Kingdom, Japan, South Korea and Canada. In 2007, it was awarded the most popular Chinese hot pot restaurant by Chinese Restaurant Association. It was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 2008.
Little Sheep posted ¥2 billion in revenues in 2010, or 2% of dining-out receipts in China, according to Pei Liang, secretary-general of the China Chain Store & Franchise Association.
In 2011, Little Sheep was sold to Yum! Brands Inc, a U.S.-based fast food franchise conglomerate (headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky). Yum agreed in May 2011 to acquire Little Sheep for $587 million, however the deal was delayed for four months as the Chinese Ministry of Commerce conducted an anti-trust investigation.
Little Sheep in Chinatown, Houston
- "Hong Kong ship owner seeks to re-list". Financeasia.com. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- Jin, Tony (2011-10-27). "Uncertainty Surfaces Over Yum's Takeover of Little Sheep". Thechinaperspective.com. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- Guang, Yin (2011-11-08). "China Corporate News: Yum's Little Sheep Takeover Review Cleared". Thechinaperspective.com. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Little Sheep Group.|
- Little-Sheep Catering Chain Company Limited (Chinese Version)
- Little-Sheep Catering Chain Company Limited (English Version)
|This Chinese corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|