Littlehempston shown within Devon
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Police||Devon and Cornwall|
|Fire||Devon and Somerset|
|EU Parliament||South West England|
The village has many old fashioned cottages and buildings. Its church is on the hill within the village and is near to where a footpath begins, taking walkers through two miles of fields and woodland to Totnes.
There is also a public phone box and noticeboard, located next to the post box just in front of a brook which eventually leads to the River Dart.
- William Vallance Whiteway, QC KCMG (April 1, 1828 – June 24, 1908), politician and three time Premier of Newfoundland, was born at Buckyette in the parish.
- Gerald Hine-Haycock, former ITN and BBC News Correspondent; HTV West and BBC West programme presenter, lives at Hempstone Park in the village, and he and his wife, Judy, provide bed-and-breakfast accommodation there.
- Keith Law, Songwriter for Velvett Fogg, lived in the village.
- Office for National Statistics : Census 2001 : Parish Headcounts : South Hams Retrieved 27 January 2010
- "England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N547-JR8 : accessed 27 Dec 2013), Wm Valance Whiteway, 04 Sep 1828.
Media related to Littlehempston at Wikimedia Commons
|This Devon location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|