Liu Chen (physicist)
Chen graduated from the National Taiwan University in 1966. In 1972 Chen obtained PhD from the University of California, Berkeley. From 1972 to 1974, Chen did his postdoctoral research at the Bell Labs.
Before joining the faculty of UC, Irvine, Chen was a professor at the Princeton University. Chen was the Deputy Head of the Theory Division of PPPL. From 1993 till present, Chen is a professor of physics at UC, Irvine.
In 2004, Chen was appointed Kuang-piu Chair Professor at Zhejiang University in Hangzhou. From 2006 to present, Chen is the Director of the Institute for Fusion Theory and Simulation (IFTS) at Zhejiang University.
Honors and awards
- 2012, James Clerk Maxwell Prize, from the American Physical Society
- 2008, Hannes Alfvén Prize, from the European Physical Society
- 2004, John Dawson Prize (Award for Excellence in Plasma Physics Research), from the American Physical Society
- 1980, Fellow, American Physical Society
- Dr. Chen Liu Appointed as a Kuang-piu Chair Professor of Zhejiang University
- 陈骝教授荣获2008年Hannes Alfvén奖
- Liu Chen: recipient of the 2008 European Physical Society Plasma Physics Division Hannes Alfv´en Prize
- 2004 Award for Excellence in Plasma Physics Research Recipient - Liu Chen