7 January 1965 |
Zaporizhia, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
|Political party||People's Democratic Party|
|Children||Tetjana (1986), Vladyslava|
After graduating from the Kiev State University Suprun worked as an academic researcher till 1992. Since then she worked in the field of agriculture. In 1997 Suprun was recognized as "Business Woman Ukraine 1997".
During the Ukrainian parliamentary election, 1998 she was elected into the Ukrainian parliament for constituency #100 in Kirovohrad Oblast where she became a member of the faction of the People's Democratic Party. In 2002 Suprun was re-elected on a Labour Ukraine ticket as part of For United Ukraine. At the parliamentary elections 2006 the People's Democratic Party took part in the alliance "Block of people's democratic parties" (Ukrainian: Блоку народно-демократичних партій) (together with the Democratic Union and the Democratic Party of Ukraine) but this alliance did not overcome the 3% threshold (winning only 0.49% of the votes) and therefore no seats. After taking responsibility for the defeat Valeriy Pustovoitenko resigned as leader of the People's Democratic Party. In his place the party was led by Suprun. In the 2007 elections, the People's Democratic Party failed again as part of Election Bloc Liudmyla Suprun - Ukrainian Regional Asset to win parliamentary representation. The current Chairman of the party is still Liudmyla Suprun.
Suprun tried to return to parliament in the 2012 Ukrainian parliamentary election as an independent candidate, single-member districts number 101 (first-past-the-post wins a parliament seat) located in Kirovohrad Oblast; but she finished third in this district with 17.1% of the votes.
- (Ukrainian) Біографія, Official website of Liudmyla Suprun
- Political Pulse: Presidential field takes shape, Kyiv Post (November 11, 2009)
- Women's Social Activism in the New Ukraine: Development and the Politics of Differentiation (New Anthropologies of Europe) by Sarah D. Phillips, Indiana University Press, ISBN 0-253-21992-2, ISBN 978-0-253-21992-3, page 58
- Official party website
- CEC registers two more candidates for Ukraine's president, Interfax-Ukraine (November 6, 2009)
- (Ukrainian) Народно-демократическая партия подала в ЦИК документы для регистрации лидера НДП Людмилы Супрун кандидатом в президенты, People's Democratic Party (November 6, 2009)
- (Ukrainian) ЦВК оприлюднила офіційні результати 1-го туру виборів, Gazeta.ua (January 25, 2010)
- (Ukrainian)Single-mandate constituency № 101, Central Election Commission of Ukraine
- Alphabetical Index of candidates in 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election, Central Election Commission of Ukraine