Livability.com is a website that ranks America’s most livable small and mid-sized cities. The website includes demographic information, statistics, articles, photography and video that summarize the quality of life in cities, including information about schools, neighborhoods, local restaurants and cultural events. The website’s content is anchored by original photography shot by Journal Communications Inc. staff photographers. The site also provides moving tools and tips, do-it-yourself project help and home and garden advice.
Livability.com is owned and operated by Journal Communications, based in Franklin, Tennessee, a publisher over 100 custom magazines for chambers of commerce, economic development agencies and corporations, (such as the Tennessee Farm Bureau Federation). The website’s corporate sponsor is Unigroup Inc., the parent company of United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit.
In 2010, Livability.com published the first Livability Lists compiled by the site's editors, listing the top 10 unexpected golf cities and the top 10 cities for foodies. Since then, editors have added more livability lists that rank cities deemed as best in categories, such as "best college towns", "most accessible cities", "top 10 cities to defy death" and "top 10 places to steal a kiss". The Livability Lists have been the subject of several newspaper articles, television newscasts and blog posts from media outlets nationwide.
Best Places to Live blog
In 2011, Livability.com launched their "Best Places to Live blog", which features posts on topics, such as food and restaurants, shopping, pets, entertaining and nightlife, relocation and home improvement.
- Chongchua, Phoebe, "Where are the Most Livable Cities?", "International Business Times," April 1, 2011
- MyLivability - YouTube
- Holbert, Vanessa, "Local restaurants offer unique dining", "The Blue Banner"
- "Alamo Area governments to publish promotional magazine about San Antonio", "San Antonio Business Journal", Dec. 16, 2009
- "Journal Communications Inc. Names Tennessee Home and Farm Magazine of the Year", Feb. 23, 2011
- "Introducing Livability.com: Featuring America’s Best Places to Live", PRWeb, Feb. 2, 2010
- Bryen, Whitney, "Livability.com: Boulder is fifth best college town for life after graduation", "Daily Camera"
- Kent, Rachael, "Burlington Ranked as a Top College Town", WFFF-TV Fox 44 News
- "Top 10 Cities To Defy Death by Livability.com", Ultimate Sports Radio, March 4, 2011
- Campbell, Ned (November 10, 2011). "Syracuse named top-10 city for veterans by Livability.com". Eaglenewsonline.com. Retrieved May 18, 2012.