Live, Laugh, Love (song)
|"Live, Laugh, Love"|
|Single by Clay Walker|
|from the album Live, Laugh, Love|
|Released||August 9, 1999|
|Length||3:44 (single version)
4:06 (album version)
|Clay Walker singles chronology|
"Live, Laugh, Love" is a song written by Allen Shamblin and Gary Nicholson, and recorded by American country music singer Clay Walker. It was released in August 1999 as the second single and title track from his album of the same name. "Live, Laugh, Love" reached a peak of #11 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) charts. It also peaked at #21 in Canada and at #65 on the Hot 100.
In an interview with The Flint Journal Walker said, "It's really become my theme song. You have to live, laugh and love no matter what's going on in your life. It's not that you ignore or go into denial about MS, but you have to make a conscious choice what your attitude is going to be."
The song is up-tempo in which the narrator discusses living life to the fullest.
The editors at Billboard gave the song a positive review and wrote, "The melody is perfect for summertime radio, and the lyric, penned by Gary Nicholson and Allen Shamblin, is a positive ode to the joys of living life to its fullest. It's one of those songs that just instantly makes you feel better after you've heard it. It can almost mentally take you to a faraway beach and put a piña colada in your hand--it's that fresh and inviting." Lance Ringel of The Ledger wrote, "The title track is an utterly infectious uptempo number that has "hit" written all over it." 
This song entered the Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart at number 70 on the chart dated August 7, 1999.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||21|
|US Billboard Hot 100||65|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||11|
- Rauschert, Jeff The Flint Journal Singer Clay Walker not letting multiple sclerosis slow him down September 03, 2008
- Billboard Country (August 7, 1999)
- Ringel, Lance. The Ledger Live Laugh Love (September 7, 1999)
- "RPM Country Tracks." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. November 22, 1999. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "Clay Walker Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Clay Walker.
- "Clay Walker Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Clay Walker.