Live Action (organization)
|This article or section may be slanted towards recent events. (February 2011)|
Live Action is an American pro-life non-profit organization founded by Lila Rose in 2004. According to their website, they are a "youth led movement dedicated to building a culture of life and ending abortion." They are known for controversial stings against Planned Parenthood clinics, the largest provider of abortions in the United States. 
|This section requires expansion. (February 2011)|
Live Action publishes The Advocate, a student-based magazine that is distributed on dozens of college campuses throughout the country. This is not the same magazine as The Advocate, an LGBT-interest publication.
Live Action also operates an online news and opinion outlet called Live Action News.
In 2010, a sting by Live Action on a Birmingham Planned Parenthood clinic led to a state investigation and the clinic being placed on probation by the Department of Health for what the state described as a "technical violation."
Live Action gained attention in February 2011 for their undercover videos it made of Planned Parenthood employees at multiple affiliates which they say show them offering counseling to a "pimp" on getting abortions and testing for his sex workers. Planned Parenthood reported the activities of the individuals involved to the Federal Bureau of Investigation before the videos were made public. Lila Rose would not confirm Live Action was involved in the sting until after the videos were released.
Planned Parenthood has vehemently denied Live Action's allegations that they condone or support sexual slavery and statutory rape while they also stated that the actions by one of their employees was inexcusable, and fired the employee in question.
In March 2011, Live Action partnered with the Susan B. Anthony List for a bus tour through 13 congressional districts either condemning or praising their representatives for their votes on whether to defund Planned Parenthood of tax dollars through the Pence Amendment. Planned Parenthood sent a bus to follow the Live Action & SBA List bus in response. Former Planned Parenthood clinic director turned pro-life activist Abby Johnson joined the group in early 2011 and partnered with SBA List on ad campaigns to support the defunding. 
In May 2012, Live Action released a video of another Planned Parenthood sting, purportedly exposing a sex selection policy condoned by the organization. Planned Parenthood denied any support for sex selective elective abortion and claimed that the employee targeted in the sting was not acting within official guidelines on the subject. The employee was fired. 
In the Spring of 2013 Live Action released a series of videos allegedly exposing the attitudes of late-term providers of abortion toward children born alive in reaction to the Kermit Gosnell murder trial. These included a video where a Washington, D.C. abortion provider allegedly admitted he would just let a child die if born alive during an abortion. Specifically the abortion provider allegedly said he would let the baby choke to death.
See also 
- "About Live Action". Liveaction.org. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- Roberts, Christine (2011-06-29). "Texas to become largest state to defund Planned Parenthood, bars the group from receiving $37M - New York Daily News". Articles.nydailynews.com. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "The Advocate | Pro-Life Campus Magazine". Live Action. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "Live Action News & Opinion". Liveactionnews.org. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- Hunter, Desiree (2010-02-10). "AP: Birmingham abortion clinic put on probation". Associated Press via The San Diego Union-Tribune.
- "Planned Parenthood to retrain after anti-abortion group videos". CNN. February 9, 2011.
- Planned Parenthood Informs Federal Authorities of Potential Sex Trafficking
- Planned Parenthood Seeks FBI Probe into Possible Ploy by Anti-Abortion Group
- AP Exclusive: Planned Parenthood seeks FBI probe. Retrieved February 2, 2011
- Planned Parenthood Fires Manager After Undercover Video. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- Holder: No Prosecution in Connection With Planned Parenthood Video Sting
- LiveAction, Planned Parenthood Embark On Rival Bus Tours
- Life Site News, May 8, 2013
- Life Site News, April 29, 2013
- Weekly Standard, April 29, 2013