Live Concert at the Forum
|Live Concert at the Forum|
|Live album by Barbra Streisand|
|Recorded||April 15, 1972|
|Barbra Streisand chronology|
Live Concert at the Forum is the second live album by Barbra Streisand. The album was recorded at a live concert at The Forum in Los Angeles on April 15, 1972, in front of an audience of 18,000 people. The concert was a fundraiser for Senator George McGovern's presidential campaign. Seat prices ranged from $5.50 to $100, and the event grossed $300,000, but after the expenses of producing the show, McGovern's campaign was given only $18,000. During the performance Streisand offered the audience the choice of hearing "Second Hand Rose" or "Stoney End". The latter was the overwhelming choice.
The album was arranged by Don Hannah, Don Costa, Peter Matz, Claus Ogerman and Gene Page. It was conducted by David Shire. The vocal director was Eddie Kendrix and the background vocals were provided by the Eddie Kendrix Singers.
- "Sing"/"Make Your Own Kind of Music" (Joe Raposo - Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil) 4:23
- "Starting Here, Starting Now" (Richard Maltby, Jr., David Shire) 2:45
- "Don't Rain on My Parade" (Bob Merrill, Jule Styne) 2:40
- Monologue 3:12
- "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever" (Alan Jay Lerner, Burton Lane) 1:56
- "Sweet Inspiration"/"Where You Lead" (Dan Penn, Spooner Oldham - Carole King, Toni Stern) 6:19
- "Didn't We" (Jimmy Webb) 3:12
- "My Man" (Jacques Charles, Channing Pollack, Albert Willemetz, Maurice Yvain) 4:34
- "Stoney End" (Laura Nyro) 3:06
- "Sing"/"Happy Days Are Here Again" (Joe Raposo - Milton Ager, Jack Yellen) 5:30
- "People" (Bob Merrill) 3:28
The album peaked at number 19 in the United States and has been certified Platinum for sales of 1,400,000 copies.
- "Sweet Inspiration" / "Where You Lead" / "Didn't We" (1972)
- "Sing - Make Your Own Kind of Music" / "Starting Here, Starting Now" (1972)
- "Didn't We" / "On A Clear Day (You Can See Forever)" (1972)
- William Ruhlmann. "Live Concert at the Forum (Allmusic Review)". www.allmusic.com. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- Jon Landau (December 21, 1972). "Rolling Stone Review-Live Concert at the Forum". www.rollingstone.com. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- Spada, James; Nickens, Christopher (1981). Streisand: The Woman and the Legend. Garden City, New York: Dolphin Books, an imprint of Doubleday. p. 149. ISBN 0-385-17567-1.