Live at the Paramount (video)
|Live at the Paramount|
|Video by Nirvana|
|Released||September 27, 2011|
|Recorded||October 31, 1991 Paramount Theatre (Seattle, Washington)|
Live at the Paramount is a live video by the grunge band Nirvana released in 2011. It was released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc as part of the 20th anniversary of Nirvana's Nevermind album. It showcases a live performance at the Paramount Theatre in Seattle from October 31, 1991. The footage is taken from the only Nirvana show ever to be shot on 16 mm film. The Blu-ray features uncompressed 48kHz/24-bit sound.
As well as the standalone DVD and Blu-ray releases, a DVD along with a CD audio version of the show are together available as part of the limited edition, "Super Deluxe" box set reissue of the Nevermind album, released in 2011 for the album's 20th anniversary.
Previously released songs
The show in its entirety was previously unreleased. However, some of the individual performances had been previously released; the audio of "Been a Son" was released as a B-Side to the Lithium single and "School" and "Drain You" were released as B-Sides to the Come as You Are single. Additionally, the performances of "About a Girl", "Polly", "Breed" and "Endless Nameless" were previously released on the live compilation video Live! Tonight! Sold Out!! in 1994. The audio of "Negative Creep" was previously released on the live compilation album From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah in 1996. The performance of "Jesus Doesn't Want Me for a Sunbeam" was previously released on the DVD of the rarities box set With the Lights Out in 2004.
Blu-ray synchronization issues
The Blu-ray version has been widely criticized for having audio sync problems. Amazon has posted a statement from Universal that denies the problem exists, but the review at the website Blu-ray.com gives the audio a score of 0/5 because of the sync issues.
- "Jesus Doesn't Want Me for a Sunbeam" (The Vaselines cover)
- "Drain You"
- "Floyd the Barber"
- "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
- "About a Girl"
- "Love Buzz" (Shocking Blue cover)
- "Been a Son"
- "Negative Creep"
- "On a Plain"
- "Rape Me" (early version)
- "Territorial Pissings" (intro from the song "Get Together", spoken by Krist Novoselic)
- "Endless, Nameless"
Stand-alone DVD and Blu-ray
The stand alone DVD and Blu-ray releases feature the following bonus tracks from the 8th March 1991 at the Commodore Ballroom in Canada. These are not included on the DVD that comes with the Nevermind "Super Deluxe" boxset.
- "Territorial Pissings"
Nevermind Super Deluxe DVD
The DVD that comes with the limited edition Nevermind "Super Deluxe" boxset features the music videos for the four singles from the Nevermind album. However these are not included with the standalone DVD or Blu-ray release.
|Australian DVD Charts||1|
|New Zealand DVD Charts||4|
|US DVD Charts||1|
|UK DVD Charts||4|
- http://www.amazon.com/Nirvana-Live-at-Paramount-Blu-ray/product-reviews/B0057MFA42/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending Amazon Customer Review
- http://www.amazon.com/Nirvana-Live-at-Paramount/dp/product-description/B005EXA8XC Amazon Product Description
- http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Nirvana-Live-at-the-Paramount-Blu-ray/27184/#Review Blu-ray.com review - Nirvana Live at the Paramount
- ARIA Chart report 9th November 2009. pandora.nla.gov.au Pandora, Australia's Web Archives
- "RIANZ". RIANZ. Retrieved 2011-11-07.