Live at the Rainbow
|Live at the Rainbow|
|Video by Iron Maiden|
|Recorded||Rainbow Theatre, London,
on 21 December 1980
|Iron Maiden chronology|
Live at the Rainbow is the first live video recorded by Iron Maiden on 21 December 1980 and released in 1981. It includes one of the band's earliest concerts with guitarist Adrian Smith as well as a very early version of "Killers", with lyrics that differ from the album version that would be released in 1981. Paul Di'Anno later admitted writing the lyrics 5 minutes before going on stage that night.
Due to technical problems, a sound line broke down halfway through the show. As a result, the audience were allowed to stay after the show to watch the band perform "Iron Maiden" and "Phantom of the Opera" again for the recording.
All songs written by Steve Harris except where noted.
- "The Ides of March"
- "Killers" (Harris, Paul Di'Anno)
- "Remember Tomorrow" (Harris, Di'Anno)
- "Phantom of the Opera"
- "Iron Maiden"
- Paul Di'Anno – vocals
- Dave Murray – guitar
- Adrian Smith – guitar
- Steve Harris – bass
- Clive Burr – drums
- Bushell, Garry; Halfin, Ross (1985). Running Free, The Official Story of Iron Maiden (2nd ed.). Zomba Books. p. 84. ISBN 0-946391-84-X.
- The History Of Iron Maiden – Pt. 1: The Early Days (DVD). EMI. 23 November 2004.
- Thompson, Dave. "Iron Maiden - The History of Iron Maiden, Pt. 1: The Early Days". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 23 January 2012.