Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department
|Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department|
|Annual calls||11,701 (2013)|
|Annual budget||$29,390,801 (2015)|
|Fire chief||Ruben Torres|
|Facilities and equipment|
|Wildland||6 - Type 4
2 - Type 3
The Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department (LPFD) provides fire suppression and emergency medical services to the neighboring cities of Livermore and Pleasanton, California. The organization uses a joint powers authority (JPA) model with essential support services provided by both cities. This partnership promotes more efficient administration and effective delivery of services.
The LPFD maintains the Centennial Light, the world's longest-lasting light bulb, Located at 4550 East Avenue in Livermore. The department says that the bulb is at least 113 years old and has been turned off only a handful of times. Due to its longevity, the bulb has been noted by The Guinness Book of World Records, Ripley's Believe It or Not!, and General Electric.
USAR Task Force 4
The LPFD is a member of the California USAR Task Force 4 (CA-TF4) one of the eight FEMA Urban Search and Rescue Task Forces in the state. The task force is based in Oakland and is sponsored by the Oakland Fire Department.
Stations and apparatus
|1||Pleasanton||Engine 91||Engine 491|
|4||Pleasanton||Engine 94||Engine 394|
|5||Pleasanton||Engine 95||Engine 495|
|6||Livermore||Truck 96||Engine 496||Utility 96, Breathing Support 96|
|7||Livermore||Engine 97||Engine 497|
|8||Livermore||Engine 98||Engine 498|
|9||Livermore||Engine 99||Engine 399||Battalion 9|
|10||Livermore||Engine 90||Engine 490|
- "Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department FY 2015 Operating Budget". Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "Annual Report". Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department. Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "Administration". Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department. Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "Century Light Bulb". National Public Radio. 2001-06-10. Retrieved 2007-01-15.
- Longest burning light bulb, Guinness World Records
- "The Little Bulb That Could… and Does" (ARTICLE), VIA, retrieved January 27, 2007.
- "US&R Task Force Locations". FEMA. Retrieved August 28, 2006.
- "Fire & EMS Departments in Alameda County". CA Firefighters. Retrieved 4 March 2015.