Living in a Big Way
|Living in a Big Way|
|Directed by||Gregory La Cava|
|Produced by||Pandro S. Berman|
|Written by||Gregory La Cava
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014)|
Leo Gogarty (Kelly) marries Margaud Morgan (McDonald) after a whirlwind romance just before shipping out to war. When he returns, he is surprised to discover not only that his bride is not what she led him to believe, but also that she expects a quick divorce. Both Mr. and Mrs. Gogarty must find their place with or without each other in a society still adjusting to peace.
Among the many Gene Kelly dance segments are 'Fido and Me', where Mr. Kelly dances with a dog and a statue, and a sequence on a construction site with a number of children.
- Gene Kelly as Leo Gogarty
- Marie McDonald as Margaud Morgan
- Charles Winninger as D. Rutherford Morgan
- Phyllis Thaxter as Peggy Randall
- Spring Byington as Mrs. Minerva Alsop Morgan
- Jean Adair as Abigail Morgan
- Clint Sundberg as Everett Hanover Smythe
- John Warburton as 'Skippy' Stuart Simms
- William Phillips as Schultz
- Bernadene Hayes as Dolly
- John Alexander as Attorney Ambridge
- Phyllis Kennedy as Annie Pearl
The film earned $1,137,000 in the US and Canada and $376,000 elsewhere, resulting in a loss of $1,939,000 - one of MGM's biggest disasters of 1947.
- The Eddie Mannix Ledger, Los Angeles: Margaret Herrick Library, Center for Motion Picture Study.
- Living in a Big Way at the Internet Movie Database
- Living in a Big Way at AllMovie
- Living in a Big Way at the TCM Movie Database
|This article about a romantic musical film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a musical comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|