|Location||Border of Yulong County and Shangri-La County, Yunnan Province|
|Construction cost||16.2 billion RMB ($2.4 billion USD)|
|Dam and spillways|
|Height||155 m (509 ft)|
|Total capacity||727,000,000 m3 (589,388 acre·ft)|
|Catchment area||220,000 km2 (84,942 sq mi)|
|Surface area||14.73 km2 (6 sq mi)|
|Turbines||4 x 600 MW|
|Installed capacity||2,400 MW|
The Liyuan Dam is a concrete-face rock-fill dam on the Jinsha River on the border of Yulong County and Shangri-La County, Yunnan Province, China. The dam will have an associated hydroelectric power station with a 2,400 MW power station containing 4 x 600 MW generators. Construction on the river diversion for the dam began in 2008. It began to impound its reservoir in November 2014 and on December 28, 2014 the first generator was commissioned.
The 155 m (509 ft) dam will withhold a reservoir of 727,000,000 m3 (589,388 acre·ft), of which 209,000,000 m3 (169,439 acre·ft) will be active or "useful" storage. Normal reservoir level will be 1,618 m (5,308 ft) above sea level with a minimum of 1,602 m (5,256 ft). The catchment area for the reservoir in the upstream basin is 220,000 km2 (84,942 sq mi) while the reservoir surface area will be 14.73 km2 (6 sq mi).
- "Liyuan Hydropower Project in Yunnan Province Alstom obtained the contract - Alstom - Electrical Industry". FrBiz. Retrieved 9 January 2011.
- "Jinsha River Dams". International Rivers. Retrieved 9 January 2011.
- "Liyuan hydropower impoundment under a success" (in Chinese). Northwest China Hydropower Survey and Design Institute Advisory Group. 17 November 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Liyuan Hydropower Design Institute, the first unit of supervision success and power generation" (in Chinese). Yangtze River Water Resources Network. 31 December 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Liyuan Hydropower" (in Chinese). Baidu. Retrieved 9 January 2011.