They have appeared at the National Cathedral, Kennedy Center Opera House, and Millennium Stage, Lansburgh Theater, Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, Harvard University, and the Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago.
Since becoming independent, Lerman spent the Fall 2011 semester at Harvard as a Visiting Lecturer.
- 2011 United States Artists Fellow 
- 2002 MacArthur Fellows Program
- American Choreographer Award
- American Jewish Congress "Golda" Award
- 1988 Washingtonian of the Year, by Washingtonian magazine
- "Liz Lerman Dance Exchange.(Lansburgh Theater, Washington DC)". The Kenyon Review. January 1, 2006.
- Jackson, George (December 8, 1993). "Liz Lerman, on the move".
- Traiger, Lisa (October 27, 2006). "Liz Lerman: Looking Ahead, Looking Back".
- "Liz Lerman Dance Exchange: Ferocious Beauty: Genome". Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago. Retrieved 2011-07-29.
- Sarah Kaufman (January 24, 2011). "Liz Lerman set to move on from her namesake dance company". The Washington Post.
- Mary Carole McCauley (January 24, 2011). "Liz Lerman to leave dance troupe in July". The Baltimore Sun.
- http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2011/12/adding-art-to-academics/. Missing or empty
- United States Artists Official Website
- Liz Lerman website
- Dance Exchange website
- Liz Lerman Dance Exchange Archives - Special Collections in Performing Arts, University of Maryland
- "Toward a Process for Critical Response", Community Arts Network
- "Assessing the future of modern dance, a fragile American art form", Washington Post, Sarah Kaufman, April 4, 2010
- Archive film of Liz Lerman Dance Exchange performing Hallelujah: In Praise of Fertile Fields in 2000 at Jacob's Pillow