Lizard Lick Towing
|Lizard Lick Towing|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||8|
|No. of episodes||118 (List of episodes)|
|Camera setup||25 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Zodiak USA|
|Original run||February 7, 2011– present|
|Related shows||All Worked Up|
Lizard Lick Towing is an improvised American television series. It is filmed in the style of Cinéma vérité, and the network behind the show, truTV, state that their series "feature real-life situations," unlike other reality shows "which often involve contests or other highly staged events." The show is a spin-off of the truTV series All Worked Up, and follows Ron, Amy, Bobby and their team of repossession agents in the Raleigh suburb of Wendell, North Carolina (the town that has jurisdiction over the Lizard Lick unincorporated area). The show is known for frequent fights and brawls that take place during the repossessions.
Ron Shirley started Lizard Lick Towing in 1998 with a single truck, along with his wife Amy Shirley. In 10 years, the company grew to 15 staff members and a fleet of 20 trucks. Bobby Brantley is Ron's friend and longtime coworker, who started out as a dissatisfied customer after Ron towed his truck, then began working at Lizard Lick to pay off his debt.
The TruTV cable television network (owned by Time Warner) became aware of Lizard Lick Towing.
According to the local Eastern Wake News, the television series got its start at the end of August 2008, when the station sent a cameraman down for one day of shooting and that was all it took for a contract to be written. Those at the network were merely scouting out prospects at the time, but after realizing Amy Shirley was not only a power lifter, but a mortician and co-owner of the recovery business, they realized there was more color to the picture than originally anticipated. In addition, they soon discovered that Ronnie is a "walking reality show". Robyn Hutt, the truTV executive in charge of the show, was quoted by the Raleigh News and Observer "We really fell in love with Lizard Lick". The Shirleys are "dynamic and entertaining characters".
The first television series following Ronnie and his company operations was All Worked Up, and has a discussion forum, Ronnie's published poetry, interviews with the stars of the show, and further information including the scheduled show times. Due to the overwhelming popularity of the Lizard Lick Towing segments on All Worked Up, truTV developed a new show solely dedicated to the charismatic Shirleys. Lizard Lick Towing is a half hour program that airs on the truTV network on Monday nights. The show premiered on February 7, 2011. The second season debuted on December 5, 2011. The third season premiered on January 21, 2013. The fourth season premiered on December 16, 2013.
- Ronnie Shirley: President of Lizard Lick Towing
- Amy Shirley: Vice President of Lizard Lick Towing
- Bobby Brantley: Ron's partner and best friend (until he left the show officially in 2014)
- Big Juicy: One of Lizard Lick's employees
- David "Krazy Dave" Eklund: Shop Mechanic
- Cassie: Bobby's girlfriend
- Johnny Reynolds: Ronnie's cousin, who occasionally helps out with the company/family
- Lou: One of Get Licked Towing's employees who Bobby met at a junkyard
- Earl: Repo man for Lizard Lick Towing
As of August 18, 2014[update], 91 episodes of Lizard Lick Towing have aired, ending the fourth season.
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||12||February 7, 2011||October 10, 2011|
|2||26||December 5, 2011||September 3, 2012|
|3||26||January 21, 2013||September 30, 2013|
|4||27||December 16, 2013||August 18, 2014|
- "truTV Frequently Asked Questions". truTV.com. Retrieved May 29, 2014.
- "Lizard Lick Towing". Company website. Retrieved May 18, 2010.
- "All Worked Up - Bios". TruTv.com.
- "Rolling with the repo man". NewsObserver.com. October 19, 2009.
- "Lizard Lick Towing - Bios". TruTV.
- Moody, Aaron (October 14, 2009). "Local repo man hits the small screen". Eastern Wake News. Archived from the original on July 25, 2011. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "TruTV Web Portal for 'All Worked Up'". TruTV. Retrieved October 21, 2009.
- "truTV Hit Series "Lizard Lick Towing" Returns With All-New Episodes Beginning Jan. 21". The Futon Critic. November 27, 2012. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "Lizard Lick Towing Season 4". TVbytheNumbers. September 27, 2013. Retrieved October 23, 2013.