Lloyd Center / Northeast 11th Avenue
|Lloyd Center/Northeast 11th Avenue
MAX light rail station
Lloyd Center MAX station, looking west.
|Address||NE Holladay Street & 11th Avenue
|Line(s)||MAX Light Rail|
|Platforms||one island and one side platform|
|Bicycle facilities||bike lockers|
|Opened||September 5, 1986|
The Lloyd Center/Northeast 11th Avenue station is a light rail station on the MAX Blue, Green and Red lines in Portland, Oregon. It is the 11th stop eastbound on the Eastside MAX. The station is located on the 1200 block of Northeast Holladay Street in Lloyd District.
From its opening in 1986 until 2012, the station was located in TriMet fare zone 1, and starting in 2001 it was also within Fareless Square (renamed the Free Rail Zone in 2010). However, effective September 1, 2012, TriMet discontinued the free-ride zone and all use of zones in its fare structure.
Bus line connections
As of September 2012, this station is served by the following bus lines:
Note: Line 17-Holgate/Broadway does not serve the Station .
11th Avenue spur
To the northwest of the station is a short spur track on Northeast 11th Avenue now used primarily for temporary storage of MAX trains for use after major Rose Quarter events. The spur was built for use by the Portland Vintage Trolley, and from 1991 to 2009 that was its primary use. At the end of the spur, at the southern edge of Multnomah Street, is a small platform for use by Vintage Trolley (VT) cars, that service's Northeast 11th Avenue station. However, in September 2009, the Vintage Trolley service moved to a new route along the Portland Transit Mall, and the faux-vintage cars now only go to and from the NE 11th Avenue stop at the beginning and end of each VT operating day (of which there are only eight scheduled for 2012). and otherwise operate solely within downtown Portland.
Past Bus Routes
The following bus lines served this station until Rerouted or Discontinued:
- 10-Harold/NE 33rd Ave
- 73-NE 33rd Ave
- 74-Lloyd District/Southeast
- 95-Tigard/l-5 Express
- Federman, Stan (September 5, 1986). "Going to the MAX: Facts to know about the new line".The Oregonian, special section ("Light rail rolls"), p. T10.
- Bailey Jr., Everton (August 30, 2012). "TriMet boosts most fares starting Saturday; some routes changing". The Oregonian. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- Tramways & Urban Transit magazine, December 2009, p. 480. UK: LRTA Publishing. ISSN 1460-8324.
- "Vintage Trolley 2012 Schedule on the Portland Mall". Portland Vintage Trolley website. Retrieved September 4, 2012.
- MAX station information (with westbound ID number) from TriMet
- MAX station information (with eastbound ID number) from TriMet
- MAX Light Rail Stations – more general TriMet page