Loïc Le Meur
|Loïc Le Meur|
Loïc Le Meur at the LeWeb3 conference in 2006
14 July 1972 |
Loïc Le Meur (born 14 July 1972) is a French entrepreneur and blogger. He served as Executive Vice President EMEA at software company Six Apart after merging French blogging company Ublog with Six Apart in July 2004. In late 2006 Le Meur became a public backer of French presidential candidate Nicolas Sarkozy and joined Sarkozy's campaign team as an advisor on Internet-related topics.
He also founded RapidSite France with his wife  and made it the leading web hosting company for small businesses in France. In 1999, he sold RapidSite to France Télécom where it became part of Wanadoo.
In 2003, he got involved with French weblog hosting company Ublog which he purchased from its founder, fellow Breton Stéphane Le Solliec in October 2003. He then grew Ublog and merged the company with Six Apart where he became Executive Vice President in 2004. He held his role as EVP EMEA until March 2007 when he handed his job over to long-time business partner Olivier Creiche. Le Meur remains Honorary Chair of Six Apart Europe.
Blogging & LeWeb 
Since 2004, Loïc Le Meur is the organizer of a conference focused on blogging and web world. In December 2006, he managed to get Shimon Peres, Nicolas Sarkozy, and French politician Francois Bayrou on stage at LeWeb '03. Since this edition, LeWeb becomes more popular every year. More than 2,600 people from 60 different countries came in 2010.
Seesmic was initially focused on the creation of an online community of video bloggers. The 2008 economic crisis sped up Seesmic's mutation into a social media client company. In January 2010, Seesmic acquired Ping.fm  and gave its users the possibility to update simultaneously more than 50 different social media statuses. In February 2011, Seesmic received funding from Salesforce.com and Softbank, bringing total funding to $16 million. In September 2012, Seesmic was acquired by HootSuite for nothing.
- Blogs pour les pros by Loïc Le Meur and Laurence Beauvais, Dunod ISBN 2-10-049395-7, November 2005
- La révolution podcast by Loïc Le Meur and Laurence Beauvais, Dunod ISBN 2-10-050059-7, September 2006.
- July 14, 2004 eWeek - Six Apart Hires New CEO, Nets European Bloggers
- Nicolas Sarkozy's Campaign Team
- January 15, 2007, Guardian Unlimited - For France's bloggers, c'est la guerre
- April 15, 2005 01.net - Interview with Loïc Le Meur
- December 22, 1999 internetnews.com - France Telecom Acquires RapidSite France
- November 25, 2003 Le Journal du Net - Ublog, l'aventure blog de Loïc Le Meur
- July 15, 2004 internetnews.com - Six Apart Blogs in Europe
- March 27, 2007 Loic Le Meur Weblog - After Six Apart, what should I do?
- Seesmic acquires Ping.fm
- As Twitter Tightens Its Grip, HootSuite Buys Seesmic
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Loïc Le Meur|
- Le Meur's personal blog in English and in French
- Interview with Loic Le Meur video
- Interview with Loic Le Meur about his new company Seesmic video