|The Avengers episode|
|Episode no.||Season 3
|Directed by||Kim Mills|
|Written by||Richard Lucas|
|Produced by||John Bryce|
|Featured music||Laurie Johnson
John Dankworth (theme)
|Original air date||21 March 1964|
|List of The Avengers episodes|
Lobster Quadrille is the twenty-sixth episode of the third series of the 1960s cult British spy-fi television series The Avengers, starring Patrick Macnee and Honor Blackman. It originally aired on ABC on 21 March 1964. The episode was directed by Kim Mills and written by Richard Lucas.
Steed and Cathy investigate an illegal drug smuggling operation.
- Patrick Macnee as John Steed
- Honor Blackman as Cathy Gale
- Leslie Sands as Captain Slim
- Burt Kwouk as Mason
- Gary Watson as Max Bush
- Jennie Linden as Katie Miles
- Norman Scace as Dr. Stannage
- Corin Redgrave as Quentin Slim
- Valentino Musetti as Jackson
- This is Honor Blackman's last episode and the final appearance of Cathy Gale. Blackman's forthcoming appearance in the Bond film Goldfinger, is alluded when Cathy remarks to Steed she is going 'Pussyfooting'.
- This is the final episode in the series to be recorded on videotape. From series 4-6 and continuing into The New Avengers, The Avengers would be recorded on film.
- Lobster Quadrille would be the last time the original Avengers theme would be used. Originally composed by Johnny Dankworth, Laurie Johnson would compose a new theme tune for series 4 and onwards. Johnson would remain as primary composer for the sequel series, The New Avengers.