Local Color (film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||George Gallo|
|Produced by||Jimmy Evangelatos
|Written by||George Gallo|
|Music by||Chris Boardman|
|Editing by||Malcolm Campbell|
|Distributed by||monterey media (U.S.)|
|Running time||107 minutes|
Local Color is a 2006 American drama film. Directed by George Gallo, starring Armin Mueller-Stahl, Ray Liotta and Trevor Morgan in the lead role. It is based on a true story, that of the director/writer's experience when he was 18. The character of Nikolai Serov was based on George Cherepov, to whom Gallo had been an apprentice in the 1970s.
Gallo also painted all of the oil paintings in this movie, having "cleaned out his whole garage" of his paintings. In particular, the paintings that John (Trevor Morgan) showed to Serov (Armin Mueller-Stahl) when asking him for advice in the beginning of the movie were the exact paintings that Gallo as a teenager had showed Cherepov.
Although the film was based in New York and Pennsylvania, the film was actually shot in various locations in Louisiana in and around New Orleans, Covington and Baton Rouge. Production began in July 2005. The company stayed in two different hotels to avoid delays driving from N.O. to a nearby location at the end of the schedule thus able to wrap production only 8 days before Hurricane Katrina without interruption.
- Trevor Morgan as John Talia Jr.
- Armin Mueller-Stahl as Nikolai Serov
- Ray Liotta as John Talia Sr.
- Charles Durning as Yammi
- Samantha Mathis as Carla
- Ron Perlman as Curtis Sunday
- Diana Scarwid as Edith Talia
- Julie Lott as Sandra Sunday
- Tom Adams[disambiguation needed] as grey artist
- Taso Papadakis as metal artist
- David Sosna as college dean
- Nancy Casemore as Mrs. Huntington-Quail
- David Sheftell as Mikey
- Timothy Velasquez as nasty kid
- Melissa Allman as gallery girl
- Jimmy Evangelatos as waiter
- Michael Negrin as John (50 years old)
- "Cincinnati World Cinema : Local Color". Cincinnati World Cinema. Retrieved 2011-10-25.
- Official website
- Official Distributor
- Local Color at the Internet Movie Database
- Local Color at Rotten Tomatoes
|This 2000s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|