Local United Network to Combat Hunger
Local United Network to Combat Hunger (LUNCH) is an artist-powered hunger relief organization with national reach, based in Connecticut.  It was founded in 1989 by Connecticut State Troubadour Bill Pere. One of the organization's primary programs is the LUNCH Ensemble, using the power of popular music to produce positive social action. The Ensemble is a music and drama troupe composed of several professional artists from the Connecticut Songwriters Association, along with approximately 30 students in grades four and up. LUNCH follows the example set by singer-songwriter-humanitarian Harry Chapin in the 1970s, showing how one person, through music, can make a difference in the lives of others. In December 2005, the organization received a recognition award from World Hunger Year (WHY) as "an effective grassroots solution to fighting hunger and poverty"
- Ashley, Lyons (2006-09-14). "Charity begins at home for city girl". The Middletown Press. Retrieved 2008-02-24.
- "Folk concert to honor military veterans". The Mystic Times. Retrieved 2008-02-24. "LUNCH was founded in 1989 by Bill Pere and has raised more than $ 750,000 to support community outreach agencies and programs. The LUNCH Ensemble includes more than 40 young people from throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. Some 2,100 youths have participated over the years and they see firsthand that they can make a difference in other people’s lives."
- Yerkes, Elizabeth (2005-12-09). "Performers Raise Voices for Hunger Relief: Annual LUNCH holiday show brings tears of laughter, sadness". The Mystic Times. Retrieved 2008-02-24. "Founded in 1989 by Pere, a Mystic resident and Connecticut state troubadour, and his wife, Kay, as a community service outreach division of Connecticut Songwriters Association, LUNCH became an independent charitable organization in 1999. Late songwriter Harry Chapin, who founded World Hunger Year and devoted much of his music career to the fight against hunger, inspired Pere to begin the ensemble, which includes more than 40 young people in grades 4-12 from throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island."
- Stoll, Elaine (2004-12-12). "Play Combines Santa, Aliens To Combat Hunger". The Mystic Times. Retrieved 2008-02-24. "LUNCH aims to combat hunger by raising funds and awareness, and proceeds from tickets to Saturday's play and preceding holiday music show will benefit more than two dozen social services agencies throughout the state."
- "Bill Pere Serves Up LUNCH". The Mystic Times. 2004-04-16. Retrieved 2008-02-24.
- Bowles, Adam. "LUNCH group performs concerts to help the hungry". Norwich Bulletin. Retrieved 2008-02-24.