Lochluichart railway station
|Managed by||First ScotRail|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures and station information
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||Dingwall and Skye Railway|
|1 August 1871||Opened as Lochluichart High|
|3 May 1954||Resited and renamed as 'Lochluichart|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Lochluichart from Office of Rail Regulation statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Lochluichart railway station is a railway station on the Kyle of Lochalsh Line, serving the village of Lochluichart in the north of Scotland. Lochluichart is located at the north edge of Loch Luichart.
The station was opened as Lochluichart High by the Dingwall and Skye Railway on 1 August 1871. On 3 May 1954 a new station was opened as Lochluichart as a result of a hydro electric scheme raising the level of Loch Luichart.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Kyle of Lochalsh Line
Dingwall and Skye Railway
- Butt (1995), page 147
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 0-9068-9999-0. OCLC 228266687.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0086-1. OCLC 22311137.
- "Lochluichart station on navigable O.S. map".
- "Dingwall and Skye Railway". RailScot. Retrieved 2 February 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lochluichart railway station.|
|This Scotland railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|