Lock On (street art)
Lock On is a style of street art, where artists create installations by attaching sculptures to public furniture using lengths of chain and old bike locks. The sculptures are often arranged to give the impression that they are interacting with surroundings. The installations themselves are referred to as "a Lock On" (singular) or "Lock Ons" (plural).
Lock On artists
Artist Tejn is considered the "founder" of the Lock On style.  Taking scrap metal from urban areas, he welds the material to create sculptures  which he "returns to the street" as art, secured with chain or an old bike lock. The genre was introduced when he started placing his welded iron sculptures, chained and locked, throughout Copenhagen and Berlin.
The peace organisation Pink Army places pink war toys in selected urban areas as part of their "war against war".
- Guerrilla marketing
- List of street artists
- Public art
- Reclaim the Streets
- Street art in Melbourne
- Street art
- Street installation
- Street poster art
- Wooster Collective
- "Lock On street sculptures".
- "Brandts museum of art, artist description (in English)".
- Ring, Katrine (2011). Walk This Way (in danish and english). Radius (forlag). pp. 29, 50, 54, 64, 66–70. ISBN 9788792334220.
- "Lock On street art".
- "Artist interview (Danish) in Politiken".
- "Collection of media about the Lock On genre".
- "Italian art page, article about the Lock On style (in italian)".
- "Description of Tejns sculptures, in english".
- "short lock On movie".
- "Lock On´s in Brooklyn Street Art".
- "Brooklyn Street Art: Lock On".
- "Classic Copenhagen; Lock On".
- "Pink Army".
- "The Horse Project".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to street art.|