|Tagline(s)||Every Match Inside the Steel Cage|
|"Walk Away" by Five Finger Death Punch|
|Promotion||Total Nonstop Action Wrestling|
|Date||April 18, 2010|
|City||Saint Charles, Missouri|
Lockdown (2010) was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by the Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) promotion, which took place on April 18, 2010 at the Family Arena in Saint Charles, Missouri. It was the sixth event under the Lockdown chronology and the fourth event of the 2010 TNA PPV schedule. In the tradition of Lockdown events, every match took place inside a steel cage. It was the first Lockdown event with a four-sided steel cage.
The sixth installment to the Lockdown PPV chronology was first announced in a press release on January 16, 2010 regarding the February Against All Odds PPV event. The date and area of the event was not announced until February 4, 2010, when another press release proclaimed that it would take place on April 18, 2010 at the Family Arena in Saint Charles, Missouri. A tradition of the series is that all encounters take place inside a steel cage which will be continued. On January 17, 2010 at their Genesis PPV event, TNA discontinued the usage of their normal six sided ring, with a four sided ring being chosen instead. It was the first Lockdown to feature the traditional four-sided cage.
Lockdown featured nine professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portrayed villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
The headline match for the Lockdown event featured the TNA World Heavyweight Champion A.J. Styles defending his title against D'Angelo Dinero, who, at Against All Odds, won the opportunity to challenge for the title.
At the beginning of the show it was announced that X Division Champion Douglas Williams was unable to get to St Louis due to the massive flight cancellations worldwide and was therefore stripped of the title. The Motor City Machine Guns' match with Brian Kendrick and Homicide was changed to a four man Xscape match, in which the winner would replace Williams in the X Division Title Match. Homicide was victorious, but was unable to capture the gold.
It was also announced that Syxx-Pac had no-showed the event and would not compete in his scheduled match teaming with Scott Hall to take on Team 3D. Later in the night it was announced that Hall needed to find a partner, or go into a handicap match against Team 3D. At the conclusion of Kevin Nash's match he announced he would replace Syxx-Pac as Hall's tag partner.
|1||Rob Van Dam defeated James Storm||Steel Cage match for the numbers advantage in the Lethal Lockdown match||06:40|
|2||Homicide defeated Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin and Brian Kendrick||Xscape match to join the TNA X Division Championship match||04:58|
|3||Kevin Nash defeated Eric Young||Steel Cage match||04:50|
|4||The Beautiful People (c) (Madison Rayne and Velvet Sky) (with Lacey Von Erich) defeated Angelina Love (c) and Tara via pinfall (by Madison Rayne, who becomes new Knockouts Champion).||Steel Cage match for the TNA Women's Knockout Championship and TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championship||05:10|
|5||Kazarian defeated Shannon Moore and Homicide||Steel Cage match for the vacant TNA X Division Championship||09:07|
|6||Team 3D (Brother Devon and Brother Ray) defeated The Band (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall)||St. Louis Street Fight Steel Cage match||06:45|
|7||Kurt Angle defeated Mr. Anderson||Steel Cage match; the only way to win was escaping the cage||20:55|
|8||A.J. Styles (c) defeated D'Angelo Dinero||Steel Cage match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship||13:32|
|9||Team Hogan (Abyss, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Jarrett and Jeff Hardy) defeated Team Flair (Sting, James Storm, Robert Roode and Desmond Wolfe)||Lethal Lockdown match. Had Team Flair won, Hulk Hogan would have left the company.||30:15|
(c) – refers to the champion(s) heading into the match
- "Lockdown 2010". Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Retrieved 2010-03-28.
- Gerweck, Steve (2010-02-04). "Information for TNA's Lockdown PPV". WrestleView. Retrieved 2010-02-05.
- "Lockdown PPV In April Returns To St. Louis". Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "TNA Lockdown 2010". Family Arena. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "Lockdown 2010". Pro Wrestling History. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- Martin, Adam (2010-01-16). "Details on TNA Against All Odds PPV". WrestleView. Retrieved 2010-02-05. "Who will overcome the odds to earn a shot at the TNA Heavyweight Championship at Lockdown?"
- Martin, Adam (2010-01-17). "Genesis PPV Results - 1/17/10". WrestleView. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- Grabianowski, Ed. "How Pro Wrestling Works". HowStuffWorks, Inc. Discovery Communications. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- Caldwell, James (2010-04-18). "Caldwell's TNA Lockdown Results 4/18: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of PPV - Styles vs. The Pope, Team Hogan vs. Team Flair, Angle vs. Anderson". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2010-04-18.