Haven (season 2)
|Haven (season 2)|
Region 1 DVD cover art
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original run||July 15, 2011– December 6, 2011|
|Home video release|
|Region 1||September 4, 2012|
|Region 2||March 13, 2012|
|Region 4||May 16, 2012|
|Blu-ray Disc release|
|Region A||September 4, 2012|
The second season of the American television series Haven premiered on July 15, 2011, on Syfy. The season consisted of 13 episodes including a Christmas episode. The show stars Emily Rose, Lucas Bryant and Eric Balfour.
- Emily Rose as Audrey Parker (13 episodes)
- Lucas Bryant as Nathan Wuornos (13 episodes)
- Eric Balfour as Duke Crocker (13 episodes)
- Richard Donat as Vince Teagues (9 episodes)
- John Dunsworth as Dave Teagues (9 episodes)
- Vinessa Antoine as Evidence Ryan (7 episodes)
- Stephen McHattie as Ed Driscoll (6 episodes)
- Jason Priestley as Chris Brody (4 episodes)
- Kathleen Munroe as Audrey Parker #2 (3 episodes)
- Edge as Dwight Hendrickson (4 episodes)
- Maurice Dean Wint as Agent Byron Howard ("A Tale of Two Audreys")
- Cristián de la Fuente as Cornell Stamoran ("Friend or Faux")
- Dylan Neal as Hugh Underwood ("Lockdown")
- Torrance Coombs as Kyle Hopkins ("Sins of the Fathers")
- Tahmoh Penikett as Simon Crocker ("Sins of the Fathers")
- Nicholas Campbell as Garland Wuornos ("Sins of the Fathers")
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|14||1||"A Tale of Two Audreys"||T. W. Peacocke||Sam Ernst & Jim Dunn||July 15, 2011||1.88|
|Audrey is confronted by a woman who claims she is also Audrey Parker, sharing her name and memories. At the same time the ten plagues of Exodus are visited on the people of Haven and the death of the firstborn sons is only averted through a children's story. Nathan is forced to lead the police department now that his father is gone.|
|15||2||"Fear & Loathing"||Rob Lieberman||Gabrielle Stanton||July 22, 2011||1.84|
|As Audrey struggles to make sense of the mystery of her own identity and the other Audrey Parker that's comes to Haven, a terrifying epidemic begins to spread across town where the residents have their worst fears come to life. Nathan's discovers that his own "trouble" has gone away while and a children's puzzle which could destroy Haven is stolen.|
|16||3||"Love Machine"||T. W. Peacocke||Story by: Matt McGuinness
Teleplay by: Matt McGuinness & Nora Zuckerman & Lilla Zuckerman
|July 29, 2011||2.00|
|When the Haven docks begin mysteriously lashing out and attacking people, Audrey and Nathan must figure out what's happening before more people are made victims. While they search for who or what is causing the chaos, the other Audrey Parker recruits Duke to help her investigate the clues to the mystery of Audrey's identity left behind by the imposter Agent Howard.|
|17||4||"Sparks and Recreation"||Lynne Stopkewich||Jonathan Abrahams||August 5, 2011||1.82|
|While investigating a deadly series of electrocutions that is occurring across town including one such event which kills Haven's extremely likable mayor, Audrey and Nathan meet a man who is skilled at keeping Haven's secret under wraps. Duke and Evi find a small empty box after Duke reluctantly accepts his ex-wife's help in finding a way to protect himself from the tattooed man.|
|18||5||"Roots"||Tim Southam||Jim Dunn||August 12, 2011||1.89|
|A wedding at an isolated estate becomes a lethal trap for everyone in attendance - including Audrey, Chris, Duke and Evi while something outside threatens to kill them all. Proceedings turn deadly for the guests when the body of the host is found.|
|19||6||"Audrey Parker's Day Off"||Fred Gerber||Nora Zuckerman & Lilla Zuckerman||August 19, 2011||1.74|
|Audrey is forced to repeat the same horrible day but can not stop the catastrophe that comes to her and her friends, as she slowly uncovers why the day keeps repeating. At the end she wants it to repeat again, but to no avail.|
|20||7||"The Tides That Bind"||Paolo Barzman||Gabrielle Stanton||August 26, 2011||1.91|
|While investigating a recent drowning, Audrey and Nathan come across an enigmatic and a dangerous community located on the outskirts of Haven where children are mysteriously disappearing and a dark secret is being protected. They soon uncover a decades-old supernatural mystery that implicates the Rev, Chief Wurnos, and even Lucy Ripley|
|21||8||"Friend or Faux"||Stephen Reynolds||Sam Ernst||September 2, 2011||1.46|
|Violent crimes are traced back to a mild-mannered banker, who seems to have spawned a darker, unhinged copy of himself who is bent on doing things the original won't do for himself. While trying to determine the copy's ultimate mission, Audrey, Nathan and Duke step into a deadly trap.|
|22||9||"Lockdown"||Jason Priestley||Nora Zuckerman & Lilla Zuckerman||September 9, 2011||1.91|
|After a terrifying infection takes down a police officer inside the police station, The new Chief that replaced Nathan seals the building shut to contain the outbreak with Audrey, Nathan, Chris, Duke and Evi trapped inside. Audrey and Nathan suspect that something other than an outbreak is at play - but their only aid on the outside is Dwight.|
|23||10||"Who, What, Where, Wendigo?"||Lee Rose||Jonathan Abrahams||September 16, 2011||2.02|
|A search party is put together by Audrey and Nathan after recruiting Dwight and The Teagues to locate a local teen who has gone missing in Haven's woods while a murderer is on the loose. But they find they are not alone when they run across the Rev and his own search party. And during their search, the group discovers evidence to support the existence of a supernatural creature.|
|24||11||"Business as Usual"||Shawn Piller||Matt McGuinness & Gabrielle Stanton||September 23, 2011||1.87|
|Audrey and Nathan investigate a series of murders in which the victim's bodies are mysteriously mummified. But the events swirling around Audrey in the wake of what happened with the Rev threaten to upend everything and cause a startling revelation about her past. Meanwhile, when he crosses paths with Dwight on a covert mission, Duke learns a shocking secret about his past which threatens to change the course of his future.|
|25||12||"Sins of the Fathers"||Lee Rose||Sam Ernst & Jim Dunn||September 30, 2011||1.80|
|The dead return to the world of the living in order to seek revenge and complete unfinished business, and the return of the otherworldly visitors forces Audrey, Nathan and Duke to confront their destinies in Haven.|
|26||13||"Silent Night"||Shawn Piller||Brian Millikin||December 6, 2011||1.20|
|Audrey begins seeing Christmas decorations mysteriously popping up all over Haven in the middle of July yet nobody else, including Nathan, seems to feel anything is unusual. Yet, when Haven residents start disappearing into thin air, Audrey convinces Nathan they must find a way to stop it.|
On October 7, 2010, Syfy announced that Haven would begin production on a thirteen-episode second season to begin airing July 15, 2011. On March 22, 2011, SyFy announced that they would air a Christmas special of Haven during season two.
Jason Priestley directed the ninth episode and guest starred in a four-episode arc as Chris Brody, a handsome but anti-social marine biologist who is forced to deal with an affliction most would consider a blessing. Vinessa Antoine had a recurring role as Evidence "Evi" Ryan, a former con-artist and lover of Duke's.
Retired WWE Superstar Edge (Adam Copeland) guest starred for four episodes as Dwight Hendrickson, a shrewd longtime Haven resident and a former Army Ranger felled by a supernatural affliction in Afghanistan who puts his tactical skills to use in Haven as the mysterious "Cleaner." Dwight also served as a confidant to Nathan's late father who assisted the former sheriff in keeping particularly suspicious supernatural activity under wraps. Cristián de la Fuente also guest starred as Cornell, a straight-laced, conservative, mild-mannered banker who is hiding a dark and shocking double life.
Home media release
|Haven: The Complete Second Season|
|Set details||Special features|
| United States
|September 4, 2012||March 13, 2012||May 16, 2012|
- Lambert, David (July 2, 2012). "Haven - Finalized Release Date, Pricing for 'The Complete 2nd Season ' on DVD and Blu-ray". TV Shows on DVD. Retrieved July 2, 2012.
- "Haven (2010) - The Complete 2nd Season". Ezy DVD. Retrieved March 15, 2012.
- Gorman, Bill. "Syfy’s Summer 2011 Features Premiere Of 'Alphas', Return Of 'Warehouse 13', 'Eureka', 'Haven,' 'Ghost Hunters Intl.' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved April 15, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (July 18, 2011). "Friday Cable Ratings: SpongeBob Leads Night + 'American Restoration,' 'Phineas & Ferb,' 'Haven,' 'Friday Night Smackdown,' 'Torchwood: Miracle Day' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 19, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (July 25, 2011). "Friday Cable Ratings: 'American Restoration' Tops Night + 'Haven,' 'Friday Night Smackdown' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 25, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (August 1, 2011). "Friday Cable Ratings: 'Haven' Rises, 'American Restoration' Tops Night + 'Thundercats,' 'Friday Night Smackdown' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (August 8, 2011). "Friday Cable Ratings: 'Phineas & Ferb' Dominate Friday; 'Smackdown' Rises + 'Haven,' 'Thundercats' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 9, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (August 15, 2011). "Updated Friday Cable Ratings: 'Storage Wars' Tops Primetime; 'Smackdown' Falls; 'Haven,' 'Thundercats' Steady & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 15, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (August 22, 2011). "Friday Cable: 'Smackdown' Up, Tops Night; 'Haven,' 'Thundercats' Steady + 'Wizards of Waverly Place' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 22, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (August 29, 2011). "Friday Cable: 'Smackdown' Tops Night; Hurricane Irene Boosts Weather Channel + 'Haven,' 'Thundercats' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 30, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (September 6, 2011). "Friday Cable: TCU-Baylor Game Tops; Plus 'Man, Woman, Wild,' 'American Restoration,' 'Haven,' 'Torchwood:MD' & More". Retrieved September 6, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (September 12, 2011). "Friday Cable: College Football, 'Smackdown!' Tops; 'Man, Woman, Wild,' 'Thundercats,' 'Haven' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 13, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (September 19, 2011). "Friday Cable: College Football, 'Sponge Bob,' 'Smackdown!' 'Star Wars: Clone Wars,' 'Haven' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 19, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (September 26, 2011). "Friday Cable: 'Smackdown!' Tops; Plus College Football, 'Haven,' 'Star Wars: Clone Wars' & More". Retrieved September 26, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (October 3, 2011). "Friday Cable: Rain-Shortened Yankees/Tigers Tops Night + 'Haven,' 'Clone Wars,' 'Smackdown!' & Much More". Retrieved October 3, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (December 7, 2011). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Teen Mom 2' Premiere, 'American Chopper' Top 'Sons of Anarchy' Finale + 'Storage Wars,' 'Covert Affairs,' 'Moonshiners' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 8, 2011.
- Feinberg, Daniel (October 7, 2010). "Syfy renews 'Haven' for a second season". HitFix. Retrieved October 8, 2010.
- "Breaking News - Syfy's Second Annual Countdown to Christmas Week Showcases Movie Event "Neverland" - With Keira Knightley as the Voice of Tinker Bell". The Futon Critic. 2011-03-22. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Breaking News - Jason Priestley to Direct Supernatural Drama Series "Haven" and Guest Star in Multiple Episode Arc". The Futon Critic. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Jason Priestly Joins Cast of Syfy’s ‘Haven’ in Recurring Role - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. 2011-08-01. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Breaking News - Vinessa Antoine Joins Syfy's "Haven" for Recurring Role". The Futon Critic. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Breaking News - WWE Superstar Edge(R) Joins Syfy's "Haven" as Guest Star". The Futon Critic. 2011-05-04. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- James25 (2011-08-01). "WWE Superstar Edge Will Guest Star on Four Episodes of Syfy’s ‘Haven’ - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Breaking News - Cristian de la Fuente to Guest Star on Syfy's "Haven"". The Futon Critic. 2011-06-08. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- List of Haven episodes at the Internet Movie Database
- List of Haven episodes at TV.com
- List of Haven episodes at The Futon Critic
- List of Haven episodes at MSN TV