|Headquarters||Mountain View, California
San Francisco, California, USA
Enterprise content management solutions
Locus Technologies is an American corporation with headquarters in Mountain View, California, (in Silicon Valley), that provides services to organize energy, water, and environmental data and information via the Internet worldwide.
The company, which has obtained Service Organization Controls SOC 1 and SOC 2, is perhaps best known for its Locus Platform, ePortal and EIM software as a service (SaaS) applications. Locus centralizes corporate environmental and sustainability information for easy access through Locus cloud, so that customers experience a reduction in both operational expenses and environmental footprint.Locus has also been highlighted for offering a free GHG calculator for companies to determine whether they meet the threshold requirements necessary to report their emissions data to the California Air Resources Board under AB32, and specifically 95101(b)(8)legislation. Locus pioneered the cross section of information management software and mobile technology for environmental data collection by offering an application eWell through iTunes for use on the iPad, the iPhone, and iPod Touch. Locus Technologies was founded in April 1997 by Neno Duplan. Locus' Board of Directors also includes Mr. Rick Bergquist, former CTO of PeopleSoft. Locus Technologies is the Third Largest Environmental Firm in the San Francisco Bay Area. and the second largest environmental company in the Silicon Valley in 2014 by number of professionals.
Current clients include ExxonMobil, NASA, Chevron, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Exelon,Del Monte Foods, Monsanto, Grain Processing Corporation(GPC), and others.
Software and Services
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (July 2014)|
The Locus Platform, released toward the end of 2013, allows users to consolidate their data in one central location, and configure the software to fit their business-specific processes for the tracking, management, and reporting of their sustainability, compliance, health & safety, air and greenhouse gases, waste, and water quality information. The Locus Platform offers an interface that incorporates features such as drag-and-drop forms creation, visual business-process modeling, Excel import/export integration, and configurable user dashboards and reporting interface.
Locus’ Environmental Information Management (EIM) software is a web-based environmental data management system introduced in 1999. EIM was the first subscription-based application to organize, manage, and report sampling, analytical and subsurface data in the cloud. EIM offers analytical data management capabilities for chemicals, radionuclides, geology and hydrogeology (subsurface information). It is currently used to manage and report on the data associated with nuclear, mining, water quality, remediation, and upstream oil and gas activities. EIM has been expanded to include city-specific reporting requirements, which automates the generation of self-monitoring report forms (SMRFs) and discharge monitoring reports(DMR), as well as supports the imports and exports for the Environmental Resources Program Information Management System (ERPIMS), which is used by the U.S. Air Force for validation and management of the environmental projects at its bases.
Greenhouse Gas Verification Services
Locus' certified verification team can be called upon as a third party to validate greenhouse gas emission reports. In the State of California, the California Air Resources Board (CARB) mandates that emissions reports submitted in 2010 and later be verified by a third party that has been accredited by CARB. Locus is one of few companies to maintain this accreditation, and has in-house Lead Verifiers certified in all sector specialties, including process emissions (cement, glass, lime, pulp and paper, iron and steel), oil & gas systems (refineries, hydrogen plants, production and processing systems), and fuel and electricity transactions.
Locus offers a mobile application that gives users the capability to collect and upload field data remotely. Locus Mobile eliminates duplicate input, reduces transcription time, performs data checks and validation at the point of collection, and maintains a complete audit trail including the geo-reference on who collected what, when and where. 
The privately held company has also won numerous awards in the environmental space including several Environmental Business Journal awards for achievement among IT companies. Locus is also recognized in several independent market research reports such as a recent Verdantix report where they were highlighted as offering, "the best-in-class solution for geographic information capture." Verdantix also reports that,"The software offers full data capture and management capabilities integrated with mapping tools, displaying full environmental and sustainability data on a web-based, interactive GIS system." Overall, Locus scored strongly in customer momentum, data management and financial resources. Locus was also evaluated and received vendor ratings from Gartner, Inc. Locus Technologies also won the business subcontractor of the year award from NASA Ames Research Center in 2009 for environmental automation and data collection work, and earned a Microsoft Word Gold Application Development Competency.
- Business Week Internet Software and Services, Locus Technologies, retrieved May 16, 2011
- "CPA Firm Issues SOC 1(SM) Report on Controls at Locus Technologies Relevant to Locus' Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (SSAE 16)". Marketwire. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "CPA Firm Issues SOC 2(SM) Report on Controls Over Security, Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, and Privacy at Locus Technologies". yahoo. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- "Seeing is believing: Locus Technologies environmental software helps visualize the impact". ZDnet-Heather Clancy. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- Pimentel, Benjamin (15 April 2007). "Map software pinpoints environment hotspots / Services utilize convergence of tools like Google Earth, EPA data". San Francisco Chronicle (San Francisco Chronicle). Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "iPhone App Helps Companies Manage Water Use". Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- "iTunes -eWell application page". Apple iTunes Store. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Dirty Data: The Behind the Scenes Threat to Environmental Projects". Environmental Leader. 2014-03-18. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- Xavier, Jon Xavi (2010-06-27). "Locus Technologies helps manage clients’ environmental footprint". Silicon Valley Business Journal (June 27, 2010). Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "Shut Down the Well First". SFGate-Neno Duplan. 5 May 2010. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Japan Quake Data Should Be Stored In The Cloud". SFGate- Neno Duplan. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "KNBR Interview with Neno Duplan". KNBR Radio-file hosted by Locus Technologies. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- Bergquist, Rick. "Locus Technologies Appoints New Board Members". Locus Technologies. Marketwire. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "Peoplesoft". Wikipedia. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- Reyes, Lemery (2011-07-21). "Top 5: Environmental Firms". Silicon Valley Business Journal. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- "Top Silicon Valley Environmental Firms". Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "Locus Technologies Receives Fourth Environmental Business Journal Award in Information Technology ExxonMobil to Implement Locus EIM Worldwide" (Press release). 22 February 2010.
- "2009 SMALL BUSINESS INDUSTRY AWARD WINNERS". Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "Chevron Environmental Management Company Selects Locus' Web Portal for Environmental Laboratory Data Management". Business Wire/Locus Press release. Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "Chevron Extends Partnership With Locus for Web-Based Environmental Information Management". Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "LANL Sends Environmental Management to the Cloud". Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- "Los Alamos National Laboratory Extends Contract With Locus Technologies for Four More Years". Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- "Exelon Nuclear Selects Locus' Data Management Software". Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Del Monte Taps Locus for Energy Management". Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Monsanto Selects Locus'Cloud Software for Sustainability Management" (Press release). 2 June 2014.
- "Grain Processing Corporation Selects Locus Technologies Software for Environmental Management" (Press release). 2 July 2014.
- "Locus Introduces Environmental Resource Planning Platform". Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "Locus Expands Software Functionality to Address City-Specific Reporting Requirements and, Discharge Monitoring Reports" (Press release). Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- "Locus Software Automates Discharge Monitoring Reporting". Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "Locus Introduces Software Functionality to Support ERPIMS Imports and Exports" (Press release). Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- "Locus Technologies Introduces Locus Mobile for Data Access and Input On the Go".
- "Locus Technologies Receives 2012 EBJ Business Achievement Award". Marketwire. Retrieved 21 January 2013.
- "Environmental Business Journal Recognizes Locus Technologies for Achievements in Growth and Sustainability Offerings". Marketwire. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Business Achievement: Information". Retrieved 2009.
- "Business Achievement: IT Companies". Retrieved 2010.
- "Business Achievement: Information Technology". Retrieved 2011.
- "Business Achievement: Information Technology". Retrieved 2012.
- "Environmental Business Journal Recognizes Locus for Record Sixth Time for Growth and Innovation". Locus PR. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Locus Technologies Receives 2013 EBJ Business Achievement Award" (Press release). Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "Locus Featured in Sustainability Management Software Report by Independent Analyst Firm Verdantix". Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- "Locus Recognized as a Top SaaS Provider in Green Quadrant EH&S Software Report by Independent Analyst Firm Verdantix" (Press release). Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Locus Technologies Receives Vendor Rating" (Press release). Retrieved 11 May 2009.
- "2009 SMALL BUSINESS INDUSTRY AWARD WINNERS". Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "2009 NASA/Ames Selects Locus Technologies as Small Business Subcontractor of the Year". Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "Locus Achieves a Microsoft Gold Application Development Competency". Retrieved 30 July 2013.