|Headquarters||Mountain View, California
San Francisco, California, USA
Enterprise content management solutions
Locus Technologies is an American corporation with headquarters in Mountain View, California, (in Silicon Valley), that provides services to organize energy, water, and environmental data and information via the Internet worldwide.
The company, which has obtained Service Organization Controls SOC 1 and SOC 2, is perhaps best known for its Locus Platform, ePortal and EIM software as a service (SaaS) applications. Locus centralizes corporate environmental and sustainability information for easy access through Locus cloud, so that customers experience a reduction in both operational expenses and environmental footprint.Locus has also been highlighted for offering a free GHG calculator for companies to determine whether they meet the threshold requirements necessary to report their emissions data to the California Air Resources Board under AB32, and specifically 95101(b)(8)legislation. Locus pioneered the cross section of information management software and mobile technology for environmental data collection by offering an application eWell through iTunes for use on the iPad, the iPhone, and iPod Touch. Locus Technologies was founded in April 1997 by Neno Duplan. Locus' Board of Directors also includes Mr. Rick Bergquist, former CTO of PeopleSoft and Ms. Ena Cratsenburg, VP at Amyris Technologies. Locus Technologies is the Third Largest Environmental Firm in the San Francisco Bay Area. and the second largest environmental company in the Silicon Valley in 2012 by number of professionals.
Software and Services
The Locus Platform is the world’s #1 cloud platform for building environmental and sustainability applications for the enterprise. With the Locus Platform, users can consolidate their data in one central location, and easily configure the software to fit their business-specific processes for the tracking, management, and reporting of their sustainability, compliance, health & safety, and water quality information.
ePortal is a comprehensive software platform for managing compliance and organizing environmental and resource data and information. With ePortal, you can manage, search, report, maintain, and preserve all the required documentation and data for environmental compliance.
EIM is a subscription-based application to organize, manage, and report sampling, analytical and subsurface data in the Cloud. It offers complete analytical chemistry data management, including validation, Electronic Data Deliverable (EDD) error checking, multiple EDD format uploads, and customizable valid values.
Locus' areas of expertise include soil and groundwater contamination, landfill services, vapor intrusion, perchlorate issues in soil and groundwater, strategic planning, site closure ideas, greenhouse gas verification and emission inventory, and risk-based solutions.
The privately held company has also won numerous awards in the environmental space including several Environmental Business Journal awards for achievement among IT companies. Locus is also recognized in several independent market research reports such as a recent Verdantix report where they were highlighted as "one of only two firms in the Entrepreneurs Quadrant that claim more than 10 customers with more than $1 billion in revenue." Overall, Locus scored strongly in customer momentum, data management and financial resources. Locus Technologies also won the business subcontractor of the year award from NASA Ames Research Center in 2009 for environmental automation and data collection work.
- Business Week Internet Software and Services, Locus Technologies, retrieved May 16, 2011
- "CPA Firm Issues SOC 1(SM) Report on Controls at Locus Technologies Relevant to Locus' Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (SSAE 16)". Marketwire. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "CPA Firm Issues SOC 2(SM) Report on Controls Over Security, Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, and Privacy at Locus Technologies". yahoo. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- "Seeing is believing: Locus Technologies environmental software helps visualize the impact". ZDnet-Heather Clancy. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- Pimentel, Benjamin (15 April 2007). "Map software pinpoints environment hotspots / Services utilize convergence of tools like Google Earth, EPA data". San Francisco Chronicle (San Francisco Chronicle). Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "Locus Technologies unveils environmental data collection app". Vault-Brafton. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "iTunes -eWell application page". Apple iTunes Store. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Dirty Data: The Behind the Scenes Threat to Environmental Projects". Environmental Leader. 2014-03-18. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- Xavier, Jon Xavi (2010-06-27). "Locus Technologies helps manage clients’ environmental footprint". Silicon Valley Business Journal (June 27, 2010). Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "Wall Street Green Tech Summit 2011 Speakers list". WSGS Online. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Cleantech Forum San Francisco 2011 Agenda". Cleantech Group LLC. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Shut Down the Well First". SFGate-Neno Duplan. 5 May 2010. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Japan Quake Data Should Be Stored In The Cloud". SFGate- Neno Duplan. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "KNBR Interview with Neno Duplan". KNBR Radio-file hosted by Locus Technologies. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Green Collar Interview With Dr. Neno Duplan-Jan 04 2011- Water in Business - The Next Sustainability Frontier". Green Collar Media, LLC. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Locus Technologies -Water Tracking, Use and Opportunity for Business". Greencollar. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- Bergquist, Rick. "Locus Technologies Appoints New Board Members". Locus Technologies. Marketwire. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "Peoplesoft". Wikipedia. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- Quong, Andrea. "Amyris Closes in on $70M". Amyris Technologies. Red Herring. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- Langreth, Robert (10/03/08). "Building Better Biofuels". Forbes Magazine. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- Reyes, Lemery (07/21/11). "Top 5: Environmental Firms". Silicon Valley Business Journal. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- "Top 25 Environmental Firms (The List) Ranked by Number of professionals in Silicon Valley". Silicon Valley Business Journal. 06/26/13. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Locus Technologies Receives Fourth Environmental Business Journal Award in Information Technology ExxonMobil to Implement Locus EIM Worldwide" (Press release). 22 February 2010.
- "2009 SMALL BUSINESS INDUSTRY AWARD WINNERS". Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "Chevron Environmental Management Company Selects Locus' Web Portal for Environmental Laboratory Data Management". Business Wire/Locus Press release. Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "Chevron Extends Partnership With Locus for Web-Based Environmental Information Management". Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "Locus Technologies Awarded Contract To Manage Los Alamos National Laboratory Environmental Information And Data". Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "LANL Sends Environmental Management to the Cloud". Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- "Environmental Business Journal Recognizes Locus Technologies for Achievements in Growth and Sustainability Offerings". Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "Del Monte Taps Locus for Energy Management". Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Locus Technologies Receives 2012 EBJ Business Achievement Award". Marketwire. Retrieved 21 January 2013.
- "Environmental Business Journal Recognizes Locus Technologies for Achievements in Growth and Sustainability Offerings". Marketwire. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "EBJ Business Achiever of the Week: Locus Technologies". ebionline.com. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Environmental Business Journal Recognizes Locus for Record Sixth Time for Growth and Innovation". Locus PR. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Locus Scored in Green Quadrant of Carbon and Energy Management Software Report-Locus’ Cloud-based Software High on Leading Analysts Lists". Verdantix. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "2009 SMALL BUSINESS INDUSTRY AWARD WINNERS". Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "2009 NASA/Ames Selects Locus Technologies as Small Business Subcontractor of the Year". Retrieved 17 May 2011.