Lodi High School (New Jersey)
|Lodi High School|
|99 Putnam Street
Lodi, NJ 07644
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Lodi Public Schools|
|Vice principal||Rachel Yzquierdo|
|Faculty||62.3 (on FTE basis)|
|Grades||9 - 12|
|Enrollment||919 (as of 2010-11)|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.75:1|
|Athletics conference||North Jersey Interscholastic Conference|
Lodi High School is a four-year comprehensive public high school that serves students in ninth through twelfth grade from Lodi, in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States, operating as part of the Lodi Public Schools.
As of the 2010-11 school year, the school had an enrollment of 919 students and 62.3 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 14.75:1. There were 361 students (39.3% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 103 (11.2% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Awards, recognition and rankings
The school was the 286th-ranked public high school in New Jersey out of 328 schools statewide in New Jersey Monthly magazine's September 2012 cover story on the state's "Top Public High Schools", after being ranked 240th in 2010 out of 322 schools listed. The magazine ranked the school 219th in 2008 out of 316 schools. The school was ranked 199th in the magazine's September 2006 issue, which surveyed 316 schools across the state.
The Lodi High School Rams compete in the North Jersey Interscholastic Conference (NJIC), made up of private and public high schools located in Bergen County, Hudson County and Passaic County, following a reorganization of sports leagues in Northern New Jersey by the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Prior to realignment that took effect in the fall of 2010, Lodi High School was a member of the smaller Bergen-Passaic Scholastic League (BPSL).
- Notable recent accomplishments
- Girls volleyball qualified for the state tournament in both 2006 and 2007, falling in the tournament's first round both years.
- 2007 girls tennis team consisting of 24 girls went to the state North II Group II tournament.
- 2006 Keith Dobish Wrestling State Champion (189 lb).
- 2005 North II Group II football state sectional champions, defeating Chatham High School 21-7 in the tournament final.
- 2003 Jerry Rinaldi Wrestling State Champion (189 lb).
- 2003 North I Group II baseball champions.
Core members of the school's administration are:
- Frank D'Amico - Principal
- Rachel Yzquierdo - Vice Principal
- Diane DiPiazza original bass player of the band The Misfits, type designer.
- Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein (born 1964 as Paul Caiafa) younger brother of Jerry Only; after Bobby Steele was kicked out of The Misfits, Doyle took his place.
- Dr. Chud (born 1964 as David Calabrese), punk rock drummer and singer, most notably of The Misfits.
- Eerie Von (born 1964 as Eric Stellmann), of the bands Samhain and Danzig.
- Glenn Danzig (born 1955), of the bands The Misfits, Samhain, and Danzig.
- James Guarantano, wide receiver for the NFL's San Diego Chargers and the CFL's Baltimore Stallions.
- Jerry Only (born 1959 as Gerald Caiafa) of the band The Misfits.
- Steve Zing (born 1964 as Steven Grecco), drummers of the bands Mourning Noise, Samhain, and Son of Sam, currently plays bass on tour with Danzig and fronts his own band, Marra's Drug.
- Data for Lodi High, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 10, 2012.
- Staff. "The Top New Jersey High Schools: Alphabetical", New Jersey Monthly, August 16, 2012. Accessed December 2, 2012.
- Staff. "2010 Top High Schools", New Jersey Monthly, August 16, 2010. Accessed March 31, 2011.
- "Top New Jersey High Schools 2008: By Rank", New Jersey Monthly, September 2008, posted August 7, 2008. Accessed August 19, 2008.
- League Memberships – 2012-2013, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed September 27, 2012.
- 2006 Girls Volleyball - Group II, NJSIAA. Accessed May 29, 2008.
- 2007 Girls Volleyball - Group II, NJSIAA. Accessed May 29, 2008.
- 2007 Girls Team Tennis - North II, Group II, NJSIAA. Accessed May 29, 2008.
- Morris, Tim. "Parisi second at state wrestling championships", News Transcript, March 15, 2006. Accessed August 14, 2011. "Parisi was writing the final chapter in his illustrious record-breaking career, and looking to become Marlboro's first state champion when he went up against Lodi's Keith Dobish in the 189-pound final.... He lost 3-1 to Dobish on a late, first-period takedown."
- 2005 Football - North II, Group II, NJSIAA. Accessed October 28, 2007.
- Ryan, Thomas. "HIGH SCHOOL STATE WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL / CHAMPS AND NEAR-CHAMPS / ABSEGAMI'S RYAN BRIDGE AND RYAN GOODMAN EARN STATE WRESTLING TITLES IN ATLANTIC CITY", The Press of Atlantic City, March 17, 2003. Accessed August 14, 2011. "Defending champion Black was upset 6-4 in double overtime by Lodi's Jerry Rinaldi in the 189-pound final."
- 2003 Baseball Tournament - North I, Group II, NJSIAA, accessed April 25, 2007.
- Administration and Staff Phone numbers, Lodi High School. Accessed March 31, 2011.
- , Dr Chud.com, March 12, 2005. Accessed August 23, 2012.
- Staff. "Conference Lists; Independents", USA Today, February 11, 1988. Accessed January 28, 2011.
- Lodi High School
- Lodi Public Schools
- Lodi Public Schools's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Lodi Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics