||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (July 2013)|
|Type||Subsidiary of Loews Corporation|
|Headquarters||667 Madison Avenue
New York, United States
|Key people||Jonathan Tisch (Chairman & CEO)|
Loews Hotels is a luxury hospitality company that owns and/or operates 20 hotels in the U.S. and Canada. Loews’ hotels and resorts are located in major North American city centers and resort destinations  and one Canadian province. The company is known for its travel programs, such as Loews Loves Kids (for families) and Loews Loves Pets (for guests traveling with pets). Loews’ newest hotels are located in Boston, Hollywood, and Washington, D.C. 
United States locations
- Loews Annapolis Hotel - Annapolis, Maryland
- Loews Atlanta Hotel - Atlanta, Georgia
- Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel - Boston, Massachusetts
- Loews Hollywood Hotel - Los Angeles, California
- Loews Miami Beach Hotel - Miami, Florida
- Loews Vanderbilt Hotel - Nashville, Tennessee
- Loews Regency Hotel - New York, New York
- Loews New Orleans Hotel - New Orleans, Louisiana
- Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando - Orlando, Florida
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando - Orlando, Florida
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando - Orlando, Florida
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal Orlando - Orlando, Florida
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Loews Coronado Bay - San Diego, California
- Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel - Santa Monica, California
- Loews Don CeSar Hotel - St. Pete Beach, Florida
- Loews Ventana Canyon - Tucson, Arizona
- Loews Madison Hotel - Washington, D.C.
- Loews Hôtel Le Concorde - Québec City, Québec
- Loews Hotel Vogue - Montreal, Quebec
Core hotel programs
- Family and Pets – the company caters to families and guests with pets by offering special programs and features, including pet-friendly rooms, kids’ recreation programs and supervised childcare.
- Business Travel – each location includes features to help business travelers, including high-speed and wireless Internet access, a work desk in every room and full-service business centers.
- Meetings and Weddings – the company has certified meeting planners at every hotel, along with modern technology and A/V gear. Loews also has wedding and event planners at each destination.
- Loews Experiences – differs from destination to destination but typically focus on local or regional activities near each hotel.
- YouFirst – a hotel frequent stay program rewards loyal guests with American Express points, room upgrades, guaranteed availability and F&B credits.
Green Energy Policy
Loews Hotels has a Green Energy Policy to be “committed to being environmentally responsible”. According to Loews’ website, “the company is thoroughly committed to reducing its environmental impact by actively participating in standards that are in harmony with the earth’s natural resources and direction.” Loews Hotels has partnered with Energy Star in addition to enacting a comprehensive eco-friendly policy across its 18 properties.
Some of the company’s “green” practices include:
- Food donations in partnership with America’s Second Harvest
- Loews “Adopt a Farmer” program sources organic, sustainable food from local gardeners and fishmongers 
- Low-flow shower heads
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Locally sourced fruits and vegetables on seasonal menus
- Energy saving measures in kitchens and back-of-house recycling
Social responsibility & philanthropy
The Loews Good Neighbor Policy, created in 1990 by CEO Jonathan Tisch, earned the President's Volunteer Service Award, the highest honor given by the President of the United States for community service directed toward solving critical social problems. This policy includes multiple initiatives:
- Donating extra food to local food banks, shelters and hunger relief programs.
- Supporting local literacy programs by providing space for classes and volunteer instructors.
- Undertaking extensive recycling programs and purchasing recycled products whenever possible.
- Supplying used goods like linens and furniture to local organizations and shelters.
- Encouraging volunteer activities for hotel employees.
- Implementing energy-saving equipment in new hotels and existing properties during renovation.
Tisch authored a book, “Citizen You: Doing Your Part to Change the World,” that focuses on the idea of active citizenship and getting involved in tackling global challenges.
- “This ‘New Activism’ is about the thousands of individuals and organizations exploring new ways to address social problems,” according to Tisch.
Loews has recently come under fire for its sudden reversal of its feral cat management policy, capturing and sending previously cared for animals to a local animal shelter, with a high likelihood of euthanasia.
- To mark the twentieth anniversary of their Good Neighbor Policy, Loews held a Sunday Mother's Day brunch in 2011 and gave moms a $20 gift card to help fund educational projects through their charitable partner DonorsChoose, a web-based nonprofit that supports public schools in need.
- Loews announced its “Happy Ever After” wedding package to celebrate New York’s passage of marriage equality in June 2011 by helping same-sex couples get married with special rates on wedding packages at Loews Regency in New York City.
- Loews provided discounted rates at its Loews Ventana Canyon property for evacuees of the Monument and Antelope fires in Southern Arizona in June 2011.
- "News Events Press Releases Loews Hotels Selects Trintech Reconciliation Suite". Trintech.com. 2010-10-18. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Loews Hotels: “Woofie Weekends” for guests with pets – Travel – Sun-Sentinel". Blogs.sun-sentinel.com. 2011-03-07. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Loews Hotels, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Family Resorts | Luxury Business Hotels | Loews Hotels - Loews". Loews Hotels. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Loews Hotels Introduces New Loews Service Guarantee for Meeting". Hotelinteractive.com. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Loews Hotels Enhances YouFirst Loyalty Program Perks". Travelpulse.com. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Loews partners with Energy Star to reduce carbon footprint". Hotelnewsnow.com. 2009-04-07. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Backyard Luxury: Loews Hotels experiments with sourcing locally by @HmarketingHelp – Hotel Marketing Strategies Blog". Hotelmarketingstrategies.com. 2011-02-11. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Loews Hotels Partners with DonorsChoose.org to Provide Resources for Public Education". Prweb.com. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Loews Hotels Receives President'S Service Award From The Points Of Light Foundation - Free Online Library". Thefreelibrary.com. 1996-04-23. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Companies Doing Good". Goodsearch.com. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Blue State Digital". Citizenyou.org. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- Clarke, Sara K. (2012-03-29). "Loews Hotels: Loews plans to remove cats from feral colony - Orlando Sentinel". Articles.orlandosentinel.com. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Loews Hotels Celebrate Moms with Special Mother’s Day Brunch & Gift for Public Education - Donorschoose". Donorchooses.net. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- [dead link]