Loga Ramin Torkian
|Loga Ramin Torkian|
|Genres||Trance, Electronica, World|
|Instruments||Guitarviol, Tar, Turkish Saz|
|Labels||Six Degrees Records|
|Associated acts||Axiom of Choice, Niyaz|
Loga Ramin Torkian (Persian: لوگا) رامین ترکیان)) is a musician and the co-founder of the groups Axiom of Choice and Niyaz. Both groups incorporate Persian and Middle Eastern themes into their music. Torkian composes music and plays several instruments, including the tar, the Turkish saz, and the guitarviol, an electric guitar-like instrument that uses a bow and is adapted from a 14th-century instrument. Several of the lyrics in his songs draw on or include traditional Middle-Eastern prayers, songs or chants. His music has also appeared in several films, such as The Chosen One (1995), America So Beautiful (2001), Plastic Flowers Never Die (2008), and Crossing Over (2009).
Is married to singer Azam Ali and they have one son. Previously was married to Yatrikadevi Shah-Rais and was co-owner of the retail store Koan Collection in Los Angeles (which has since closed).
- Mehraab (2011)
- "Lamentation Of Swans" by Azam Ali and Loga R. Torkian (2013)
Axiom of Choice
- Beyond Denial (1995)
- Niya Yesh (2000)
- Unfolding (2002)
- The Chosen One (1995)
- America So Beautiful (2001)
- Plastic Flowers Never Die (2008)
- Crossing Over (2009)
- "Axiom of Choice Artist Bio - Loga Ramin Niyaz". Retrieved 2010-09-14 Born in Iran.
- "Luna Guitars Featured Artist: Loga Ramin Torkian (with background on the guitarviol)". Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Axiom of Choice Artist Bio - Loga Ramin Niyaz". Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Echoes.org Living Room Concerts Volume 7 profile of Axiom of Choice". Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- "Koan Collection website, archived version from archive.org". Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- "Koan Collection article from LA Yoga magazine". Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- "Discography of Axiom Of Choice". Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Discography of Niyaz". Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Filmography of Loga Ramin Torkian". Retrieved 2010-09-15.